The Quality Assurance Engineer participates in the development process to ensure that developed software adheres to established standards during the development and release lifecycles. This position supports the software development team in meeting deadlines by breaking the development process into attainable testing goals and relaying any issues back to the development and product teams or leaders.
This position will be on-site at 777 Main Street, Suite 3900, Fort Worth, TX 76102.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate code testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (eg developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Educational and Other Requirements:
- Essential : Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or other related field or equivalent work experience and at least 3-5 years working in a software development environment.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding in SQL and scripting.
- Working experience in software development and software quality assurance is required.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Wide knowledge of business/operations processes and workflows for various types of businesses.
- Excellent group and facilitation skills.
- Strong administrative, organizational and documentation skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to create new solutions to solve business and operational problems.
- Strong skills in managing expectations and organizing meeting schedules and deliverables working alone or as part of a larger Project Team.
- Sensitivity to confidential information.
Web Reference : AJF/346087561-202
Posted Date : Wed, 28 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Equify Financial, LLC. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe