The Leonardo DRS Airborne and Intelligence Systems business is a global leader and strategic partner committed to delivering world-class, full life-cycle defense and intelligence products that protect the security of our nation and our allies. From air combat training to state-of-the-art electronic warfare systems, our technology is deployed by virtually all U.S. military and government agencies around the world.
The Principal Systems Engineer in Fort Walton Beach, FL is responsible for applying systems engineering principles in the development and integration of ground-based RF Threat Emitter/Electronic Warfare Systems for air combat training applications. In this role you will be responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on-time and budget and will support various engineering efforts associated with Air Combat Training & Range Systems. Relocation assistance is available.
- Apply system engineering principles in the development and integration of ground based Threat Emitter/Electronic Warfare system
- Assigned as a lead or senior engineer responsible for systems engineering tasks including system requirements and architectures, hardware/software development, integration, test, and life cycle support
- Communicate project technical details in formal and informal scenarios
- Participate heavily in preparation of complex proposals
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Document component and subsystem specifications and material requirements
- Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach other engineers
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- BS in Electrical, Systems, or Software Engineering or other relevant area and 10+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Radar, Electronic Warfare, Threat Emitter, or other RF systems
- Experience with embedded software architecture, hardware/software interfaces, Interface Control Documents (ICD) and requirements analysis/management
- Experience in a DoD contractor environment
- Experience in systems engineering including the development of DoD level documentation such as proposals, statements of work, system specifications, hardware and software requirements and design specifications, interface control documents, and system test plans and test procedures
- Comfortable working on new business development/advance program/new concept pursuits
- Experience as a technical lead, providing expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Project
- Experience with DOORS Requirements Management tool preferred
- Knowledge of CMMI Life Cycle Processes preferred
- Able to travel as needed in support of site survey, system installation, and system test activities (domestic and foreign; up to 25%)
- US Citizenship and able to obtain a Secret clearance required; current clearance preferred
- This position has the option of being either fully onsite in our Fort Walton Beach facility or partly remote (onsite Tues-Thurs). Must live within commuting distance of the designated facility regardless of choice.
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families, and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, Leonardo DRS is taking action to address the risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace. We require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated, unless a medical or religious accommodation is formally approved by Leonardo DRS prior to commencing employment.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Web Reference : AJF/356357616-202
Posted Date : Mon, 04 Jul 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Leonardo DRS. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe