AutoZone is looking for an experienced Lead Engineer to influence our transformation/digitizing of the in-store experience for our customers and AutoZoners in the store. You will have the opportunity to lead multiple team members to re-engineer store applications and processes using a modern technology stack. The ideal AutoZoner will have deep development experience in C/C++ (Qt) and React and Java.
As a Lead Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing the transition and management of services/applications to production environment with deep focus on Design, Development, production operations, capacity planning and performance management. You will be challenged to solve complex technical problems with unique solutions, identify improvements and work on implementing your recommendations.
- AutoZoners have a contagious work ethic; including a high sense of urgency to deliver projects on time and resolve issues quickly, creatively and efficiently. We also expect a high sense of responsibility and the ability to influence others. As an expert in your field, we expect you to:
- Lead the development team to create new and continuously improve products, including planning, designing, coding, testing, staging and deployment
- Ensure that sites and systems continuously and consistently run smoothly, optimally, efficiently, and reliably
- As an AutoZoner, you will be surrounded consistently by top tier talent (both onsite as well as remote); to effectively work with your team you will be expected to hold a high level of organization, detail orientation, and the ability to articulate issues clearly.
- Implement effective 360-degree monitoring to ensure quick alerting of any problems in the echo system
- Advocate for top-notch design standards and lead process improvements in collaboration with architects and Application Engineers
- Collaborate and consult with the DevOps/Release Engineering team to help automate the end-to-end Operations of the applications/systems
- Delegate work to other less experienced engineers and provide coaching/mentorship
- Accurate work planning and execution; accurate project and time tracking
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 15 years of hands-on experience designing and delivering software Applications
- Experience in leading software development teams
- Experience in designing/developing/Supporting high volume customer facing applications
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot critical production issues spanning applications/infrastructure and tune high volume applications
- Experience/Knowledge of Retail Industry and in-store systems like POS is preferred
- Experience is designing and writing applications that interact with peripherals like Credit/Debit pads, Printers and Scanners is a plus
Web Reference : AJF/253416076-202
Posted Date : Fri, 24 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of AutoZone. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe