US0177 NorthEast Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLCZip Code:
54937Minimum Level of Education:
Bachelor's DegreeEmployment Type:
Full TimeTravel Percentage:
This position is responsible for reviewing the profitability of stock items and DOE (Direct Order Entry) programs, developing, implementing and maintaining all activities dealing with National Account contracts, programs, distribution solutions and executing proactive communication and collaborating directly with Sysco National Account VPs/Managers and customer contacts. The associate must possess excellent customer relations management skills, time management skills and be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written, at all levels.
Must maintain a close working communicative relationship with the Sysco National Accounts sales team, suppliers, and merchandisers at operating sites.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze item profitability to ensure the provided sales volume meets expectations.
- Design and develop effective reporting and sales analysis programs to increase efficiencies within Central Warehouse and the National Account department, and to increase effective service levels and sales volume.
- Collaborate with the Central Warehouse Manager, Customer Service and National Accounts and National Account VPs/Managers to acquire knowledge, develop, and maintain a defined communication process between Central Warehouse, National Accounts and National Account customers.
- Determine and proposed item pricing strategies for Central Warehouse assortment.
- Review items selling below AP cost and recommend pricing adjustments.
- Maintain and review National Account contracts and programs and recommend solutions that are executable and profitable
- Review various remote programs, such as ChefEx and DOT Express to ensure pricing strategies are market relevant and cover costs.
- Work as a liaison between Central Warehouse, operating sites, corporate and customers to ensure cooperation and collaboration.
- Establish and maintain customer/item sales tracking, spreadsheets, etc.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate quarterly meetings to review National Account programs with the National Account VPs/Managers and customers.
- Communicate necessary information regarding vendor fill rate challenges to National Account VPs/Managers and customers via the Central Warehouse merchandising planners.
- Communicate effectively, accurately, and concisely with manager/supervisor, customers, vendors and co-workers to prevent or solve problems and/or discrepancies that occur.
- Display and maintain a 'team player' attitude, assisting in all areas of Central Warehouse when requested, and with special projects and assignments.
- Utilize the Sysco SIU e-learning website to gain training and knowledge to be used in the position.
- Recommend responsibly to the Sysco VP/Manager of National Accounts potential changes in work processes, policies and procedures after considering impacts on the customer, vendor, and company. Take action to resolve problems.
- Make sound, informed decisions with minimal delay regarding internal and external customer issues or problems.
- Exhibit tact and respect for coworkers, managers and supervisors when faced with differing opinions and arrive at amicable, workable solutions.
- Accept and complete routine or challenging assignments willingly with a minimal amount of assistance from supervisor.
- Assist other departments and perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, Customer Service and National Accounts.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (ie attendance, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Associate Handbook, etc.).
- Comply with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations, and policies (ie OSHA, HACCP, etc.).
- Supports food safety policies, standard operating procedures, and prerequisite food safety control programs that meet legal and quality requirements and industry best practices as defined in our Food Safety Commitment documentation.
- Report any unresolved or unsafe issues to supervisor.
- Observe all safety rules to eliminate accidents and injuries and report any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a physical assessment test.
- Must have strong attention to details and possess excellent follow up skills.
- Must possess the inherent ability to provide excellent customer service with an enthusiastic, positive outlook/attitude and possess a successful record of relating well with people, act as a 'team player' and demonstrate proven excellence in internal/external customer service.
- Must possess proven track record of successful internal and external customer relationship building.
- Must possess experience working effectively in a sales support environment.
- Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook; however, must be proficient in Microsoft Power Point for presentations and Microsoft Excel and Access for analytics. AS400 query skills are preferred. Proficient data mining skills are required.
- Must possess proven, excellent communication and organizational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize, work in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency.
- Must work independently with minimal supervision.
- Prefer working knowledge of Sysco's policies and procedures.
- Must possess the ability to maintain confidential information.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Must possess a bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in a business related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Purchasing or customer service background preferred. Knowledge of Sysco product (or knowledge of foodservice supplies and equipment) and SUS system preferred.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills with good vocabulary, proper grammar and the ability to independently compose and accurately proofread written communications. Must have the ability to effectively listen to customer inquiries and use experience and judgment to meet customer needs. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, co-workers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to compute discounts, rate, ratio, and percent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Must be able to work in a proactive manner, address issues, and solve problems by using previous education and experience in identifying appropriate actions. Problems will vary in complexity and there will not always be a clearly defined solution. Some solutions may require modifying past applications or creating a solution unique to the current situation, but within the regulations that would apply.
- The working conditions and physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and a telephone to talk and hear. The associate frequently is required to sit for prolonged periods of time, to use the telephone and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Job is performed in an office environment and the noise level in the work environment usually is moderate.
- This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule on weekdays, but may be required to work weekends, and some holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on operational or departmental needs and/or customer order requirements.
- Some travel, up to 10%, may be required to support Central Warehouse business needs and affiliate locations.
- The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Web Reference : AJF/379585879-202
Posted Date : Wed, 29 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Sysco. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe