If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\ attachment.do?sys\ id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The IT Application Development Manager is responsible for the leadership and management of technical resources who provide support to the Asset Management and Used Vehicle business lines through application support and development through the Scrum framework. This position oversees the Scrum teams responsible for the development and support of new and existing applications, ranging in technologies such as Salesforce, Appian, .NET amongst other technologies. Additionally, the Manager is accountable for managing customer expectations, ensuring process adherence, providing quick timely response to user requests for operational or technology improvements, and act as a user advocate to other internal/external IT teams. This position may be called on to provide a level of project management for single or multiple projects and/or perform a vendor management role with third party service providers.
REMOTE WORK FROM HOME
- The IT CSS Application Development Manager provides operational leadership, guidance and financial oversight for the IT CSS Application Development team responsible for the solutioning and development business needs.
- Interacts with business management and end users by establishing relationships with key individuals at the account and their client.
- Oversees the system applications in an assigned area to ensure optimum performance.
- Ensures the success of new development efforts, enhancements and efficiency of existing system applications.
- Conducts system audits of technology implemented to verify application results.
- Ensures all development projects are within scope, budget, objectives, schedules and resources for the respective group.
- Achieves accuracy, quality, timeliness and user satisfaction by managing the prescribed software development life cycle.
- Works with management on strategic planning, identifying new systems applications projects and establishing priorities.
- Responsible for the establishment and support of the applications development environment, including but not limited to methodology, standards, tools, performance criteria and design principles.
- Enhances operating efficiencies and metrics, improves customer satisfaction and improves financial performance.
- Coaches and counsels employees on performance, sets performance standards, recommends pay actions and responsible for other HR actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Business Management, Engineering or related field.
- Master's degree MBA a plus preferred.
- Seven (7) years or more experience Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible, comprehensive experience in Application Development and IT Project Management.
- Possess strong leadership and mentoring skills with the ability to lead, train and develop a self directed workforce, including effective delegation skills and ability to manage assigned responsibilities.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Effectively and clearly communicate to the end-user community, tailoring the communication style/method to the specific need and be able to discuss technical solutions in a non-technical manner.
- Strong analytical/technical and problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated successfully implementing change/improvements
- Strong sense of personal accountability and a proven track record of achieving desired results.
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Works well under pressure, successfully meets schedules, works independently while interacting with personnel from differing groups and management levels to produce high-quality work.
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized with strong time management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality execution and customer service as evidenced by previous experience and performance track record.
- Build consensus, identify group conflict, facilitate resolution and successfully perform in a collaborative environment.
- Define new operational models and procedures and work with metrics.
- Work with reporting systems to pull data for analysis and decision making.
- Knowledge of full software development life cycle.; intermediate level.
- Extensive technical and professional knowledge; expert level.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile/SCRUM framework and working experience in the traditional SRCUM ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Demos, and Sprint Retrospectives along with the corresponding tools used to managed the process.
- Extensive experience in developing applications within Salesforce as well as other technologies including; .Net, SOA architecture, SOAP/REST, SQL Server, Responsive UI frameworks.
- Exposure to cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure
- Awareness of programming standards and protocols; intermediate level.
- Excellent knowledge of program coding techniques, file access methods, testing techniques and documentation methods; advanced level.
- Knowledge of architecture and infrastructure required to support Mainframe applications; intermediate level.
- Software Development and Delivery following Agile Methodologies
Job Category: Application Development, Delivery & Support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Web Reference : AJF/356318301-202
Posted Date : Sat, 02 Jul 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Ryder System. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe