Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
THIS POSITION ALLOWS FOR UP TO 2 DAYS REMOTE WORK A WEEK
Guard Enterprise Cyber Operations Support (GECOS) - Cybersecurity Analyst
GDIT has an opening for a Cybersecurity Analyst position supporting the Army National Guard (ARNG) in Chantilly, VA. This is an IT Service Management contract in support of the operation, modernization, expansion, and further evolution of the ARNG's global Information Technology (IT) services including networking, compute, storage, infrastructure, applications, hosting, and program management services. The GECOS program supports the ARNG enterprise IT infrastructure, its Wide Area Network (WAN), authentication and directory services, cybersecurity, application hosting, and associated services. GECOS uses ITIL best practices framework as the basis for IT Service Management (ITSM) model. The work includes the following:
- Operating the DoDIN-Army (National Guard) (DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-Secret (S) networks and maintaining service delivery and cybersecurity of DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-S networks and computing services.
- Supporting the DoDIN-A(NG) and DoDIN-A(NG)-S networks and associated computing services from requirement identification to service retirement/replacement.
- Ensuring continued security of the network and proactive enhancement of cybersecurity to meet evolving and emerging threats, to include compliance with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) and continuous monitoring requirements.
- Providing support to the 54 supported organizations (ie, 50 states, three territories, and the District of Columbia) to ensure flexible and responsive operation and defense of the network. Some OCONUS travel might be required.
- Adhering to all Department of Defense (DoD) enterprise security requirements to include those required by the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and the Department of the Army (DA); prepping for and passing Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRIs), obtaining and maintaining Authority to Connect (ATC) and Authority to Operate (ATO) from the Designated Approving Authority (DAA); ensuring compliance with all Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) and required information assurance (IA) controls.
- Maintaining the lifecycle of all services, ensuring they meet business needs, comply with Army directives and mandates, and are in keeping with the future Joint Information Environment (JIE) architecture.
- Maintain continuity of service when primary support systems operate in degraded mode per COOP.
The Cybersecurity Analyst will:
- Develops and deploys countermeasures to systems or networks to contain cyber incidents in coordinate with Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) and the CIRT.
- Manages routers, firewalls, IDS/IPS configurations and policies.
- Maintains, modifies, and applies new signatures to cyber tools. Develops PO&AMs and ST&Es.
- Supervises junior-level cybersecurity analysts, as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years network operations experience with 5 years of that cyber operational and engineering activities
- Experience managing Routers, Firewalls, IDS/IPS configurations and policies
- Experience maintaining, modifying, and applying new signatures to cyber tools
- Possess the appropriate baseline certifications to achieve DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II (CompTIA Security+ or higher)
- An active SECRET DoD clearance
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Certified Ethical Hacker or equivalent certification
- Possess the appropriate baseline certifications to achieve DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level III
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
T elecommuting Options:
USA VA Falls Church
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job donegDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Web Reference : AJF/396000507-202
Posted Date : Tue, 27 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of General Dynamics Information Technology. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe