R3 Safety, a division of Bunzl, is seeking a Pricing Analyst for our office in Fairfield. The Pricing Analyst will be responsible for examining complex pricing data by conducting mathematical analysis pertaining to contract support and inventory cost of goods. The position will also be required to update and manage the timing of cost changes, rebates, and various supplier/item updates. Pricing strategy and margin analysis will be a critical portion of this position.
- Facilitate the timely implementation of price adjustments
- Respond to pricing exception requests and monitor unapproved pricing exceptions
- Support Sales with reporting and other analytical resources, as needed
- Develop pricing strategies to improve margin and market share
- Mine and consolidate data from various systems, including AS400, vendor websites, etc.
- Create and distribute periodic reports for tracking overall price performance and impact of pricing strategies
- Coordinate external and internal communication regarding pricing changes
- Identify opportunities for and assist in implementing operational and procedural efficiencies
- Create and maintain forecasting models that estimate likely outcomes and calculate the potential ramifications of various pricing actions (eg, margin, profit, revenue, incremental volume, price elasticity)
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience in an analytical role, preferred
- A high level of organizational skills along with the ability to manage multiple priorities and details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Intermediate understanding of Accounting and Economic principles
- Resourceful, creative, and innovative
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills (formulas, shortcuts, pivot tables, macros, power pivot)
- Hands-on knowledge of data management and database architectures along with a confirmed understanding of data visualization techniques. You can help others better understand and interpret what the data is saying and to aid in the investigative or diagnostic process.
- Strong data mining and data consolidation skills
- Intermediate understanding of Power BI or similar BI tool
- Experience with AS400 and AS400 queries or similar platform
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of process mapping and value stream mapping is highly desirable
Who We Are
Bunzl is a leading supplier and distributor nationwide. We have been around since the early 80's and have grown over the years to a $10 Billion Dollar business. We operate 100+ distribution centers from coast to coast across the US, in Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico.
What We Believe
Bunzl believes in the Power of People. We put our people first.
- We believe through diversity we build strength.
- We believe that an entrepreneurial spirit provides endless possibilities.
- We believe that together we can achieve anything.
- We believe through innovation we can find dynamic solutions.
- We believe that motivated people create happy customers.
- We believe everyone counts at Bunzl.
- We believe that when you join our team, your potential is unlimited.
At Bunzl, we believe in you!
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Web Reference : AJF/322049665-202
Posted Date : Thu, 30 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of BUNZL. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe