At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking Lead Cloud Architect (Level 5) to join a geographically dispersed team of engineers and architects working closely with our Cyber Systems and IT business partners to architect, develop, deploy, administer, and maintain cloud environments to support DoD product software development across the Boeing Enterprise. We seek candidates who have proven skills in cloud architecture, DevOps, software development, and infrastructure as code.
This position will place you in roles where you have the opportunity to make an impact on the
results of software development teams across our company. The DevSecOps team offers a collaborative
environment where you have the opportunity to learn from and lead others.
This position allows telecommuting and does require applicants to live in either of the listed location options: Berkeley MO, Mesa AZ, Tukwila WA, Colorado Springs CO, El Segundo CA, Fairfax VA, or North Charleston SC full-time.
- Leads activities to design, develop, deploy, and maintain cloud environments to support DoD product software development
- Collaborates closely with our IT and cybersecurity colleagues to ensure cost-effective, timely, and secure deployment of the environment and its tools
- Interfaces with programs across the enterprise in the planning and deployment of the Enterprise DevSecOps, and other toolchains and components
- Provides technical leadership for cloud-based software projects and leads software supplier management activities
- Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics
- Leads evaluations, trade studies and strategy discussions regarding cloud environments
- Serves as a subject matter expert for cloud domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations
- Tracks and evaluates architecture team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards
- Ensure consistent DevSecOps deployments into cloud environments
- Trains and mentors others
Technology areas of this position are:
- Cloud architecture in AWS
- Infrastructure as code (IaC)
- Continuous integration, testing, and delivery
- Agile product development
- Work closely with developers, cloud architects, and system engineers from multiple product teams
- Design, review, and suggest modifications to cloud architectures
- Research and pitch new tools/products to the team
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Security Clearance/Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. A final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Experience designing cloud architectures
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, and CloudFormation
- Experience working with and supporting systems with Linux Operating System (OS)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Strong programming skills in Java, Python, Go, or C+
- Experience in software development, systems engineering, or integration and test experience with mission systems on tactical platforms
- Strong Working knowledge of the CI/CD process including debugging, test, and integration of software tools.
- Strong communication skills and a self-starter that can thrive in a distributed remote work environment
- Understanding of designing and implementing full stack/Microservice infrastructure
- Understanding of secure software development methodologies and Security First mindset
- Understanding of security frameworks such as DoD RMF, CMMC, DFARS, and FedRAMP
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (eg Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (eg PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience).
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Colorado Springs, Colorado Salary Range: Min. $144,000 - Max. $160,000
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Web Reference : AJF/377316483-202
Posted Date : Sat, 25 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of BOEING. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe