SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Operations Tech, Grinding is responsible for removing dents, dings, cracks, and defects from parts using belts, pencil grinder carbides and stones, buffing wheel, and cut-off wheel according to established Standard Work for production purposes.SHIFT
LAN - Shift 3 ($.50) (United States of America - Michigan)WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Complete all DHR documents correctly.
- Identify visual and dimensional defects
- Use hand truck, pallet jack, carts and tables to safely transport product.
- Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a clean and organized condition.
- Detect & report faulty equipment, defective material and any unusual conditions to the department Supervisor or Lead.
- Follow designated safety rules and regulations.
- Support Lean Manufacturing and EHS initiatives.
- Dimensionally inspect work, using appropriate tools including, but not limited to; calipers, comparators, pin gauges, measuring instruments and surface plates, etc. as required.
- Perform weekly housekeeping per 5S schedule
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures, work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead.
- Complete all required training.
Manufacturing Experience (Preferred), No previous work experience required
High School Or Equivalent,
None - -KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Active Learning (Basic Knowledge), Blueprint Reading (Basic Knowledge), Communication (Basic Knowledge), Data Entry (Basic Knowledge), Hand Dexterity (Extensive Experience), Information Capture (Working Experience), Manufacturing Safety (Working Experience), Mathematical Ability (Basic Knowledge), Problem Solving (Working Experience), Quality Inspection Metrology Tools (Working Experience), Quality Management (Basic Knowledge), Standard Operating Procedures (Working Experience), Time management (Working Experience)WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Frequently reaches and grabs objects.
- Constantly handles and feels objects.
- Frequently applies pressure to objects.
- Constantly operates tools such as fixtures, jigs, and hammers.
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves objects up to 50 pounds.
- Constantly visually inspects objects for defects.
- Must be able to remain in a standing position 50% of the time
- Must be able to remain in a sitting position 50% of the time
- Occasional long working hours including overtime as required.
- Corrected vision of no less than 20/20, required.
- Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a number of elements occurs.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the position.
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Web Reference : AJF/375823869-202
Posted Date : Thu, 23 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Orchid Orthopedics. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe