Job Title: Manager, Engineering IIntroduction:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Software Engineering Manager who will be responsible for leading a team of 5 to 15 direct reports, including programmers and product architects, towards the development and support of Toshiba strategic products for the worldwide retail market.
The candidate will be part of a cross-functional team responsible for planning, developing, and releasing the software solutions to the market. This will require engaging with peers and stakeholders (including Product Owners, Program Managers and Development managers) across all products to plan and execute product delivery plans.
This position requires leadership experience and proven knowledge of software development processes to drive team activities with the understanding of requirements and business drivers for the new products and solutions.
The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for ensuring our software products and offerings meet the highest quality standards. This role will work closely with their direct reports to achieve project goals and develop their team members into highly skilled software engineers in all aspects of software development.
The Software Engineering Manager will ensure their team follows our Software Development Life Cycle and drives the adoption of best practices in a continuous improvement environment.
Candidates should have the ability to jump in and help their software development team with hands-on execution.Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of software engineers (including hiring, managing individual performance, compensation, job assignments, dealing with conflict, career building, coaching, and additional HR responsibilities).
- Execute as an individual contributor, senior leader, and manager
- Managing the delivery of quality software releases ensuring product commitments are met with respect to quality, budget, and schedule.
- Solve complex production business critical problems in a demanding software development environment.
- Participate and/or lead in agile ceremonies and planning as needed
- Work with software engineering management team to maintain and improve development processes within the agile SDLC framework
- Ensuring proper communication on deliverables as appropriate up through management levels within the organization.
- Identify and resolve problems, gaps, and challenges in the software engineering processes.
- Foster an environment of collaboration, trust, and accountability for departmental and cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- 3 years minimum experience in Agile development.
- 3+ years of team leadership experience of software development teams and projects.
- Proven hands-on software development experience.
- Experience delivering and supporting business to business or business to customer software.
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills and great attention to detail.
- Must be self-starter with the ability to coordinate work with other team members.
- Experience with SDLC tools for requirements management, configuration management, defect tracking and continuous integration.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Possess a level of comfort to work ?in the weeds? with technical software development teams, as well as at a portfolio level with high-level executives.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong collaborative and teamwork oriented skills.
About the Company:
- Management experience.
- Experience building client-facing software products, especially web-based applications
- Point-of-sale or retail industry experience.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe?s Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ?s, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let?s get together to drive the new economy.Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal days
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:
We at Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions firmly believe that our people are an integral part to the success of our customers. Furthermore, we?re committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all our people as highlighted by our 5 Core Principles (Create Outreach, Foster Belonging, Unleash Opportunity, Diverse Cultural Engagement and Culture of Transparency). We?re passionate about our customers the retail industry and becoming a more responsible company as we help create a brighter future.
Web Reference : AJF/279762066-202
Posted Date : Wed, 06 Jul 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe