At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Successful candidates for this position will work in a technical role for a space program in Dulles, VA, in the National Security Space business area within the Space Systems Group. our National Security Space Systems programs that include technical roles at the mission, segment, and component levels. They span the entire program life cycle from early concept studies, design development, system integration/test, launch and early operations, mission operations/sustainment, and system disposal. Programs range from small feasibility studies to medium-sized on-orbit technology demonstrations and large-scale national systems.
This position will expose the candidate to equal parts technical competency, forward thinking ideas, and execution focus. This position requires a functional understanding of systems engineering as well as a basic understanding of space systems, including software systems and computer based control systems. The responsibilities of this role may include:
- Scripting for various satellites and payloads, with a particular focus on test environments and mission simulations.
- Evaluating design documentation and verification for compliance with customer and internally derived requirements.
- Evaluating payload interfaces and perform feasibility studies for integration of payloads to existing systems.
- Supporting mission operation tasks for Launch, Operations, and Disposal.
- Providing support to selected elements of the program Systems Engineering Team
- Supporting and delivering SE Products and other deliverables, with a focus on mission success
- Developing/implementing and communicating solutions to routine Engineering problems.
- Contributing to the technical tasks supporting the program.
- Providing systems engineering support for technical reviews.
- Writing status and technical performance reviews, analyses and reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM or related discipline + 2 years of experience or a Master's Degree in STEM or related discipline
- Previous systems engineering experience, especially on space development programs or satellite operations
- Scripting, coding, or software experience in any programming language
- Must be a US citizen
- Failure analysis or fault management technical experience
- Experience with Systems Engineering process
- Experience defining requirements & interfaces
- Understanding of spacecraft integration & test, launch, and mission operations
- Experience developing verification documentation
- Experience with architecture development
- Familiarity with electrical & computer systems
- Familiarity with command and telemetry database
- U.S. Citizenship with a current or active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Bachelors of Science degree in technical field + 5 years of experience, or Masters of Science degree in technical discipline + 3 years of experience
$82,400 USD - $123,600 USD Salary Range 2:
$101,400 USD - $152,200 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforcegov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Web Reference : AJF/382611729-202
Posted Date : Wed, 05 Oct 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Northrop Grumman. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe