Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter Technology's high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter Technology's wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing. Carpenter Technology's Hartsville Manufacturing Operations (formerly Talley Metals) is a mini mill supplying a variety of sizes and specifications of high-quality round, square and hexagonal stainless- steel bars for distribution.
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER - Hartsville Manufacturing Operations
Location: McBee, South Carolina
POSITION OVERVIEW: Partner to the GM of Manufacturing to execute on initiatives related to operational excellence, financial results, safety, and quality; ensure accurate reflection in Carpenter Technology operating plans, standard costs and financial forecasts; and establish metrics to facilitate their delivery
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ASSISTANT GENERAL MANGAER
- Understand Lean thinking, principles and practices and assess where Lean accounting can be introduced to Carpenter through accounting methods that actively support lean initiatives and show how these initiatives impact operation and financial results.
- Provide leadership by challenging conventional thinking, establishing and monitoring metrics and measurements, and build a workforce that applies and utilizes Lean tools and techniques for operational excellence.
- Evaluate and recommend projects/programs providing opportunities for improvements in key measurement areas (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Financials), in order to achieve expected results, and manage multiple projects with dynamic shifting priorities and targets.
- Partnering with the GM Manufacturing, develop and execute on annual manufacturing budget and establish clear performance metrics. On a monthly basis, track and report project progress to plan and budget status. Identify cost saving opportunities in production processes.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED FOR THE ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
- BA/BS degree is required, advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of manufacturing experience, including a least five years in a management role.
- Lean Manufacturing experience with proven track record and results.
- Experience managing large manufacturing projects with oversight of manufacturing operations budgets and P&L statements. Experience managing staff/teams.
- Extensive experience in an industrial manufacturing environment required.
- Proven experience with executing business plans and achieving goals with strong project management skills.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
PREFERRED FOR THE ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
- Ability to drive continuous improvement with identifying and eliminating waste.
- Strong communications, leadership and interactive skills that can work effectively across multiple cross functional boundaries and have the ability to be involved with continuous improvement problem solving tasks.
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and make appropriate technical and business decisions that are aligned to the company's business plan.
- Ability to drive operational and financial results.
- Open and candid communication style with a willingness to strongly challenge decision making processes prior to action.
- Self-started who can creatively drive continuous improvement on their own initiative.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Web Reference : AJF/345058348-202
Posted Date : Thu, 30 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Carpenter Technology. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe