At DIRECTV, we're connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here's your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career.
Do you have what it takes?
- You're self-motivated and have a passion for learning cloud services and software engineering
- You're open to working fully remote and can work autonomously
- You like the idea of making changes that improve the speed, robustness and reliability of systems used across our organization to develop a product used by millions of customers
- You succeed in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with a everything has a solution mindset and a fearless go-getter attitude
- You communicate effectively across all levels of our organization
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Gathers, analyzes, and interprets a wide variety of data utilizing a variety of methods to support business users
- Automates data pipelines to ingest, analyze, validate, normalize and clean data
- Data Quality Implements statistical data quality procedures on new data sources
- Develops and maintains data engineering best practices
- Provides technical and thought leadership and mentoring to junior members of the team
- Works with Security teams and Legal to create data policies and develop interfaces and retention models which requires synthesizing or anonymizing data
- Evaluate new technologies and industry trends, develop proof-of-concepts and present findings to the engineering organization
- Advises business partners with regards to patterns and relationships in data to recommend business direction or outcomes
Here's what you'll need:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience
- Typically requires 8-10 years of direct experience
- At least 5+ years of experience working with Big Data related technologies (SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop/HDFS, Amazon Web Services like EMR, Lambdas, Step Functions, Athena and Lake Formation) and/or cloud based serverless technologies
- Software development experience using a high-level, object-oriented programming language (Java, C+, Python, Golang)
We're looking for a forward-thinking, innovative, and talented engineer to join the Big Data Platform Engineering team. This position will work in an agile organization working on platforms used to power DIRECTV Stream and DIRECTV Beam. These platforms support services, data processing, video processing, and advertising flows that make television work. You'll be working on a high-visibility, fast paced team to work with other cross-functional business teams to help implement high quality solutions and deliver value to our customers.
This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click here for additional information.
This position can earn between $115,600 - $231,100, not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off, to discounts on products and services… just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here!
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
DTV will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
Job Posting: May 12, 2022, 3:37:43 PM
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager
Web Reference : AJF/364124926-202
Posted Date : Mon, 04 Jul 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of DIRECTV. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe