The Software Engineer III (SN) will be an integral member of the Reliance Technical Solutions (RTS) ServiceNow team and will be tasked with developing scalable technical solutions for Reliance ServiceNow implementations across the Reliance Family of Companies (FOCs). The individual is responsible for the technical design, development, implementation, testing, and operational/maintenance of new and existing programs in the Reliance environment. The Software Engineer III (SN) will be required to work on task management and planning by breaking down functional specifications into technical designs, development tasks, estimates, and executing to completion. In addition, the Software Engineer III (SN) must ensure that developed code meets the technical and functional specifications through unit testing and validation.This role will be required to mentor others on ServiceNow best practices.
Technical Design- Able to identify, analyze, specify, design, and translate functional design to technical design. Create and document technical designs for medium to high complexity solutions that may include integration with external systems.
- Create and document technical designs for low to high complexity solutions that may include integrations with external systems
- Design systems that span multiple technologies/platforms
- Create and apply design standards across all applications
- Design solutions to meet performance requirements and scalability expectations
- Design complex systems utilizing multiple technologies (may have a special area of expertise), including integrations with external systems.
- Design and creates frameworks, program controls and services that can be utilized by other developers in creation of applications.
- Ensure the application operates according to functional and technical specifications
- Lead and/or participate in peer technical design review
Application Development - Able to write, test, debug, and maintain applications for end-user adoption, productivity improvement and efficiency.
- Research, analyze, and produce high quality source code for low to high complexity solutions
- Modify and enhance low to high complexity programs
- Enable integration with third party applications using ServiceNow tools
- Apply more than one programming language to produce high quality source code
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Develop knowledge of the companys applications
- Lead and/or participate in peer code reviews
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to identify and solve software defects
- Anticipate risks and implement contingency plans to resolve issues impacting applications
- Design operational support systems like monitoring, reporting, fail over, error handling etc.
- Proactively enhances systems for stability, efficiency, scalability and robustness
- Develops, sponsors, and supports the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, and technologies.
- Devise, makes recommendations, and guide implementation of corrective and/or preventive actions
Unit Testing and Validation - Ensures developed code meets the technical and functional specifications.
- Participate in the installation and configuration of development/test/production ServiceNow environments as required
- Provide assistance/leadership in ServiceNow upgrades as required
- Develop and document effective unit test cases to test solution and validate results are as expected
- Modify code if unit test fails
- Ensure the application operates according to functional and technical specifications
- Troubleshooting and resolve software bugs, data, and system configuration issues
- Develops reusable unit test case suite
- Ensures test case suite incorporates broad coverage within application(s).
Provide Accurate Project Effort Estimates - Ability to quantify and meet individual and project phase level efforts.
- Manage ambiguity, meet and create accurate project effort estimates for their assigned tasks
- Understand, consider and communicate interdependencies for project estimates
- Adhere to RTS project methodology throughout project lifecycle
- Accurately identifies project-specific risks through the software development lifecycle
Adherence to Standards - Ability to create solutions that adhere to and incorporate RTS standards.
- Apply and use information and technology standards in solution design.
- Identify opportunities for creating reusable enterprise services
- Obtain key inputs from Enterprise Architecture to ensure compliance and exception management
- Identify commonalities and suggest a consistent approach across projects
Supplemental Duties & Responsibilities
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Assist personnel in other RTS departments to resolve technical and/or application issues
- Other duties as requested
- Participate in GAP fit analysis
- Mentor development team on ServiceNow technology and integration tools as required
- Occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule - evening/weekend hours in order to meet project deadlines or to access the computer system to support upgrades and patch releases
Problem Solving - Ability to problem solve through problem identification (what is the problem), solution assessment (what can be done), problem documentation (document for future) and problem response (implementing a solution).
- Frame problems before trying to solve them
- Break down low to high complexity problems and identify all of their components
- Provide insight into the root-causes of problems
- Seek advice from those who have solved similar problems
- Anticipate problems and is proactive in addressing them
- Follow up to ensure that the problem has been resolved
- Ask perceptive questions to seek optimal solutions
- Explore various sources for answers, and think "outside the box" to find options
- Be open to others ideas to help develop solutions
- Generate a range of solutions and courses of action with benefits, costs, and risks associated with each
- Evaluate the chosen course of action to determine its worth and impacts
- Involves the team in problem solving
- Considers proposed solutions against the reality of likely effects before going forward; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answer
Decision making - Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals.
- Gather data and others input when making decisions
- Escalate decisions when appropriate
- Weigh pros and cons of each option before making a decision and moving forward
- Balance analysis, insight, experience, and perspective when making decisions
- Explain the rationale for a decision
- Find solutions that are acceptable to diverse groups with conflicting interests and needs
- Make decisions in difficult situations in a timely manner even when information is limited or unclear
- Follow up to ensure decision was implemented
- Consider lessons learned from experience, differing needs, and the impact of the decision on others
- Lead when it is necessary to facilitate change, overcome an impasse, face issues or ensure that decisions are made.
Customer Service - Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with others by listening, understanding and responding to their needs.
- Provide service to internal and external customers to satisfy their needs and expectations
- Listen to concerns and resolve reported issues effectively and promptly
- Ensure and comply to customer response timeline (SLAs) based on the severity of reported issues including documenting concise and accurate status information in the ServiceNow ticketing system
- Deliver high quality products and services
- Commit to continuous improvement
- Anticipate others' needs and move to effectively address issues
- Establish proactive relationship with others
- Elicit feedback from others
- Deliver high quality solutions that meet the organization's needs
- Create strategies to help the organization serve others more effectively
Company Business Knowledge - Understands the company, its products and the business processes.
- Apply broad (two or more areas) Reliance business knowledge to technology solutions
- Help guide and influence business decisions on technology solutions.
Accountability - Holds self-accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results.
- Proactively collaborate between own functional area and areas below or above in the project stream as needed
- Set well-defined and realistic personal goals
- Comply with established policies and procedures
- Accept responsibility for mistakes
- Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments
- Minimize re-work
- Seek out learning opportunities
- Identify training needs and take action to obtain knowledge
- Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks
- Be enthusiastic for the things he/she sees as challenging
- Be proactive throughout work assignments/projects
- Persistently push self and others for results
- Help others learn
- Make good decisions on behalf of the company (profitability, compliance)
- Provide consistency between projects
- Mitigates issues within work scope to keep the workflow moving smoothly to a conclusion.
- Consistently seize opportunities.
- Recommend work allocations.
- Limit risk and exposure.
- Manage cost
- Communication - Communicates effectively across all levels to support departmental and organizational objectives.
- Establish rapport with co-workers easily
- Clearly express information taking into account audience and nature of the information (for example, non-technical, sensitive, and controversial)
- Ask questions and summarize what was heard to prevent miscommunication
- Present information in a concise and focused manner
- Listen to others
- Communicate written information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner
- Produce written information, which may include technical material that is appropriate for the intended audience
- Share ideas and perspectives and encourage others to do the same
- Inform others involved in a project of new developments
- Ensure written messages have the desired effect on the target audience
- Effectively uses multiple channels to communicate important messages
- Disseminate information to other employees
Building Collaborative Relationships - Develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with others inside and/or outside the organization.
- Establish rapport with co-workers easily
- Encourage and facilitate cooperation, pride, trust and group identity
- Foster commitment and team spirit
- Work with others to achieve goals
- Listen and respond constructively to other team members ideas
- Offer support for others ideas and proposals
- Be open with other team members about his/her concerns
- Share his/her expertise with others
- Seek to resolve confrontations and disagreements constructively
- Acknowledge team members for their contributions
- Provide assistance to others when they need it
- Work for solutions that all team members can support
- Effectively collaborate with geographically distributed teams
- Facilitate cooperation and motivate team members to accomplish group goals
- Recognize the business concerns and perspectives of others.
- Inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust.
- Focus on the situation, issues, or behaviors, rather than the people
Leadership - Displays effort and commitment in carrying out the department's goals and objectives.
- Act in a proactive and achievement-oriented manner
- Treat co-workers in a fair and equitable manner
- Empower others by sharing information
- Actively listen and clarify information as needed
- Foster an atmosphere of open communication
- Behave in a tactful, compassionate, and sensitive manner
- Consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people in different situations
- Share best practices and processes
- Recognize the differences in people and what motivates them
- Utilize appropriate techniques to encourage and support staff in meeting or exceeding desired outcomes
- Coordinate work assignments of others
- Guide others toward goal accomplishmen
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field required
- 5+ years of experience developing on and administration of, the ServiceNow platform required
- 5+ years of experience with ITIL based processes and tool or equivalent experience supporting applications required
- Thorough knowledge of service delivery processes and how these are automated within ServiceNow
- Implementation and customization of core applications including Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, HRSM, Configuration Management, and Service Catalog
- Portal Development; and front-end solutions in Jelly or AngularJS
- Proficient with workflows, business rules, UI pages, UI actions, UI policies, ACLs, and notifications.
- Perform health checks, monitoring performance and mitigating issues as well as ongoing upgrade and clone
- Provide advanced support for ServiceNow by troubleshooting, implementing bug fixes, and root cause analysis
- Integrate third-party software and APIs with ServiceNow using REST and SOAP
- Hands-on experience on integration work using LDAP, SSO/Okta and Mid Servers
- ITILv3 certification is preferred
- ServiceNow Certifications preferred (Administration and/or Developer)
Web Reference : AJF/358528267-202
Posted Date : Thu, 30 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Reliance Steel & Aluminum. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe