Field Service Technician Introduction:
Responsible for working independently, maintaining retail store technologies, computer systems and peripherals, within retail store and commercial business environments. They are responsible to perform a full workload of product installation, support services and repair on Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions and non-TOSHIBA retail products and in the store systems, retail banking and SMB marketplaces (ie, apparel stores, supermarkets, mass merchandising, specialty shops, banks, local insurance agents, CPAs, legal firms, etc.). The Field Service Technician is accountable for customer satisfaction, metrics attainment and operational activities as required for the services provided. The services include some or all the following: whole product and/or component exchange and on-premises basic product & store equipment problem diagnosis, adjustment and/or repair. The Field Service Technician may also perform equipment refurbishment, installation, relocation, discontinuance, product level engineering and configuration changes, upgrades and/or modifications, to products using well established documentation and procedures.Responsibilities:
- Operates in assigned territory and performs repairs and services on products. Can install all equipment in new and/or remodeled sites without assistance. Can handle all projects/installs without assistance. Performs maintenance on all supported equipment at field locations with minimal phone support from all associated support areas. Proficient knowledge and use of all client support applications and portals. Able to troubleshoot and fix complex problems over the phone with store personnel.
- Uses established procedures and/or instructions for repetitive and/or routine work, works on tasks individually or as a part of a team and aids less experienced service representatives.
- Travel within assigned territory or nationally to customer locations to perform installations, relocation, discontinuance, product level engineering and configuration changes, upgrades and/or modifications to retail POS equipment.
- Effectively communicates with customers, management, peers, and team members on a timely basis regarding status of work, potential problems, customer/store management satisfaction, and to seek advice and assistance. Builds positive customer relationships with product end-user and customer project and/or store management. Operates responsibilities efficiently and/or performs technical services in a complete, quality, and timely manner to meet customer commitments and minimize disruptions to the customer's operation. Has a good understanding of and can both articulate & demonstrate to end-user customers, TOSHIBA's service and support delivery methodology.
- With assistance, plans, prioritizes, and schedules work to meet or exceed customer satisfaction objectives. Arrange all travel plans in a timely cost-effective manner using company approved business tools and ability to respond to schedule changes with minimal notice. Flexibility to work varying shifts including overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Ensure installation activities are accurately documented in accordance with TOSHIBA standards and practices using automated systems and/or established reports. This includes but is not limited to air travel, call, mileage, timecards, and expense reports.
- effectively maintain and manage trunk stock to support all customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of related experience, IT/Technical degree or certificate preferred.
- Must be able to travel 100% of the time, domestic and/or air travel. May be assigned to a specific local territory, but air travel may be necessary for installations or other service delivery projects outside assigned geography.
- Possesses operational knowledge of personal computer technology, network infrastructure, flat panel TVs & monitors, cash registers/point-of-sale equipment, and associated retail devices.
- Demonstrates general knowledge and experience in wall-to-wall IT service and support.
- The position requires a mechanical aptitude with competency in electricity & electronics, and the ability to properly use test equipment, basic hand tools, electronic testing equipment and electric meters.
- Must possess the ability to follow written or spoken directions and to provide information in a clear and concise manner
- Good Customer Service skills are essential.
- Develops skills in maintaining good working relations with customers and peers.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments and work independently
- Must have good written and oral communication skills including tact and diplomacy when facing customers.
- The individual must be able to recognize and understand the functional and operational use of IT signal and power cables as well as low voltage wiring systems and to perform diagnosis and repair thereof.
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic.
- Ensures that solutions to todays problems do not become tomorrows
- Maintain a professional demeanor, dress, and behavior
- Problem solving and Organizational skills.
- Ability to work long hours as project needs dictate in a physically demanding environment.
- Ability to work varying shifts including overtime and weekends as necessary.
About the Company:
- Experience repairing Point-of-Sale (POS) machines.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowes Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJs, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, lets get together to drive the new economy. Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal days
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation
Web Reference : AJF/300931214-202
Posted Date : Thu, 23 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe