Astound Broadband Powered by Wave is searching for a Field Deployment Technician I, Network Deployment - Construction Project Management to be located in Concord, CA. This position's purpose is to execute as an active member of the Network Deployment team, taking on new build turn-ups, troubleshooting, administration, installation, outage support, and maintenance of the network and customer's access infrastructure equipment.
- Perform installations, troubleshoot and repair of Astound Broadband Powered by Wave G infrastructure including network connections from microwave radio headend to backbone equipment/hardware (interior and exterior).
- Assist with radio installation - Millimeter wave and microwave installations.
- Perform connects and disconnects, upgrades, downgrades, and relocates; install additional hand-offs and install or remove equipment.
- Ensures proper documentation of projects are accounted and turned in on a daily basis.
- Ensures that the completion of the installation meets quality standards, and clean the premises of all debris and materials after the installation is complete.
- Follow instructions/work with Deployment Technician II and III on all facets of a projects lifecycle.
- Part of a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Assist with installation of Wi-Fi Equipment - indoor & outdoor
- Basic experience with OSP construction, structured cabling and ISP wiring methods.
- Assists with Annual preventive maintenance surveys of existing Astound Broadband Powered by Wave G infrastructure
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic DC/AC installation and knowledge
- Various tasks and special projects assigned by manager associated with the organization and company with the emphasis of driving efficiency and optimization.
- Ability to adhere to Local, Federal regulations and Company Policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Satisfactory driving record
- Basic understanding of the physical network layer, CAT 3/5, 66 blocks, 110 blocks, patch panels, fiber optic cables, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Basic knowledge of types of status monitoring systems and the ability to implement them.
- Basic understanding of networking equipment, routers, switches, WAPs, and millimeter-wave & Microwave systems
- Basic understanding with LAN and WAN Technology
- Basic understanding of fiber optic best practices.
- Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, cutters, crimpers in the installation of cable to the residence and devices.
Astound Broadband is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive on each other's differences to maximize the experience of our teammates and our community. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Web Reference : AJF/366755333-202
Posted Date : Fri, 01 Jul 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Astound Broadband Powered by Wave. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe