Bristol General Contractors, LLC is seeking a qualified Quality Control Manager at our Clovis, NM location. The Quality Control Manager is responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing quality control and quality assurance processes, procedures, and documentation associated with deliverable preparation, tracking, and reviews for construction, fuels, environmental remediation and demolition.
The Quality Control Manager ensures that project goals are achieved within the given timeframe and budget, by:
- Assist in preparing proposal technical approach and cost related to Quality Program implementation.
- Prepare Quality Control Project Plans, including Definable Features of Work, inspection requirements, and testing plan. Prepare appropriate, targeted field forms associated with this Plan.
- Ensure compliance with Submittal requirements, including maintaining submittal logs, tracking review/approval/resubmittal, and review of technical submittals as required based on subject matter expertise.
- Assist project team in preparing RFIs as necessary.
- Implement field 3-phase Quality Control process in accordance with USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors training.
- Document field quality deficiencies, and track via Deficiency Log through closeout.
- Build and lead a QC team of subject matter experts to execute successful job specific QC programs.
- Work with field team to understand the timing and rationale for quality hold points for inspection and testing. Plan with the field team to effectively implement the inspection and testing plan.
- Complete targeted Daily Quality Control Reports, notes of Preparatory and Initial Phase meetings, and reports of deficiencies. The focus must be on features of the work inspected and tested and the results of those inspections/testing, not field productivity.
- Report the status of quality program implementation to the PM and Site Superintendent.
- Based on experience and expertise, assist project team in resolving outstanding quality concerns. Troubleshoot and problem solve as required on all projects.
- Qualified applicants must have a proven track record of meeting production, quality and customer service standards in a fast paced construction environment.
Required Knowledge or Skills
- At least five years of DoD/USACE experience
- Management for contractors, and appropriate experience and expertise implementing inspection and testing programs for remediation and construction projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented problem solver.
- Direct experience with and established relationships with Federal clients.
- Ability to gather and analyze data, reason logically and creatively, draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, to prioritize and organize, work well under stress in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist and communicate with staff and clients.
- Knowledge of and proficient in the use of USACE RMS system highly desired.
- Strong Excel and Word skills.
- Ability to perform tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- OSHA 30 highly desired
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER a plus
- Extensive travel may be required
Preferred Knowledge or Skills
Prefer broad experience in a wide range of civil, vertical construction, demolition and environmental remediation. Prefer experience with updating corporate quality plans and developing project-specific quality control inspection/testing plans and field forms for a wide range of projects. Prefer a demonstrated track record of mentoring field quality technicians. Demonstrated experience reading plans and specifications.
Requirements Minimum Education/Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent; however, may require Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management dependent on project requirements. Year for year experience may be potentially substituted in lieu of degree, dependent on project requirements. Minimum of five years recent experience as a Project Manager, Project Superintendent, Construction Manager, Project Engineer/Scientist or Quality Control for USACE, NAVFAC, AFCEC and/or SRM projects.
- Must be able to pass a security clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Current certification in USACE Construction Quality
Web Reference : AJF/359908818-202
Posted Date : Mon, 04 Jul 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Bristol Alliance of Companies. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe