WHAT YOU'LL DO GAMMA is BCG's premier data science and advanced analytics capability with 1000+ data scientists, engineers, and analysts globally. Within GAMMA, the Specialty team (GAMMA S) is a hybrid client-facing/consulting-support that leverages available tools and code bases to deliver powerful and specialized insights that help our clients tackle their most pressing business problems. We partner with BCG case teams and practices across the full analytics value chain: framing new business challenges and problems, designing and executing innovative analytical solutions, and interpreting findings for our clients. GeoAnalytics is a sub-team in GAMMA S with expertise in geospatial analytics and tools. Our 30+ member team is a global resource, working with clients in every BCG region and in every industry area. It is a core member of a rapidly growing analytics enterprise at BCG - a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by applying leading edge technologies.
As a Data & Analytics Manager, GeoAnalytics - GAMMA, you will be a critical leader of our GeoAnalytics capabilities. You will take formal ownership of key topics within GeoAnalytics by defining and executing strategies that includes advancing analytical capabilities, establishing core offerings, conducting business development activities, creating go-to-market content, and building an internal community around a topic. You will be solving a variety of location-based analytical problems for our clients by leading analytics teams within your technical workstream. You will be expected to establish a strong partnership with BCG case teams and clients. You will be responsible for scoping, framing, and delivering the technical workstream associated with client projects. You will utilize your knowledge of geospatial data and analytics to oversee use of a variety of tools of such as Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Python, and visualization/analytical platforms (ex. Tableau, Alteryx). You will identify and leverage a range of techniques such as geospatial clustering, network analysis, location-based optimization, and predictive analytics/modeling. Finally, you will be responsible for advising, managing, mentoring, and developing analysts through training, career guidance, and providing actionable feedback YOU'RE GOOD AT Work with case (and proposal) teams
- Executes & delivers original analysis and insights to case teams, typically owns all or part of an analytics module and may be integrated with a case team
- Establishes credibility by thought partnering with case teams on analytics topics; takes positions and draws conclusions on a range of external and internal issues
- Communicates analytical insights through sophisticated synthesis and packaging of results (Including PPT slides and charts)
- With consultants - collects, synthesizes, analyzes case team learning & inputs into new best practices and methodologies
Work with topic and sector teams
- Contributes to development of new topic and sector-related analytics products based on repeated case team requests
- Collaborates on PA intellectual capital development such as internal investments in industry and functional research/publication
- Assures proper sign-off before uploading materials into Knowledge Management; sanitizes confidential client content in marketing documents
- Develops topic and sector content related to analytics case work or Practice Area meetings and trainings
Communicating with confidence and ease
- You will be a clear and confident communicator, able to deliver messages in a concise manner with strong and effective written and verbal communication.
- You should be strong in analytical solutioning with hands on experience in advanced analytics delivery, through the entire life cycle of analytics. Strong analytics skills with the ability to develop and codify knowledge and provide analytical advice where required.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience in GeoAnalytics or location-based analytics
- Relevant degree in geospatial related field such as: Geography, Urban Planning, Statistics/GeoStatistics, Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science; advanced degree strongly preferred
- Industry expertise in retail and real estate location analytics (ex. defining growth/consolidation strategies using site selection analytics) is strongly preferred
- Previous experience working in a global organization/professional services firm is preferred
- Demonstrated analytical project/workstream management experience (including scoping, framing, and delivery) with added focus on understanding client needs and ability to present findings effectively to stakeholders
- Experience advising/managing/leading/guiding others on project work and in career development
- Technical experience/skills include GIS software (ex. ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, CARTO), data science programming/coding in Python and/or R, and data processing/database management (ex. Alteryx, SQL)
- Working knowledge of descriptive statistics and statistical methods (eg correlation, regression, clustering, etc.) with applications in machine learning
- Exposure to BI/Data visualization platforms such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Demonstrated handling, processing, and deriving insights from remotely sensed data is a plus
YOU'LL WORK WITH Our data analytics and artifical intelligence professionals mix deep domain expertise with advanced analytical methods and techniques to develop innovative solutions that help our clients tackle their most pressing issues. We design algorithms and build complex models out of large amounts of data. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.
Web Reference : AJF/190129715-202
Posted Date : Sun, 19 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Boston Consulting Group. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe