Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world's most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better. SUMMARY
The Senior Manager, Data Architecture is responsible for working with business stakeholders and technical staff to steward the data aspects of ANSYS projects and enterprise efforts. This role partners with business functions to translate business strategy and requirements into solutions that support the business needs and align with the strategic data direction.
Additionally, the Senior Manager, Data Architecture is responsible for managing a technical architecture team consisting of data architects, system architects, and solution architects. The role has a high degree of complexity and requires execution of tactical day-to-day initiatives, teamwork and collaboration, and contributing to the development of a long-term data strategy. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and validate solutions that are flexible and scalable for one or more projects, through the application of proven data architecture patterns and principles.
- Participate in the estimation, planning, and delivery of data architecture artifacts around integration, data structures, data sharing, data mapping and lineage, and master data management domain rules and workflows.
- Collaborate with developers and technical leads on detailed data designs and specifications to ensure alignment with project goals and long-term data strategy.
- Collaborate with members of the Data Management, Engineering, and Application Development teams to contribute to the enterprise data architecture standards and documentation of current state inventory and configurations.
- Participates in data stewardship and data governance efforts for multiple data domains.
- Participates in defining strategies and plans for adoption, rationalization, and retirement of transactional, operational, and analytical databases and their corresponding applications.
- Partner with business and technology teams to understand the implications of their respective needs on the overall data architecture and maximize the value of information across the organization.
- Experience with data architecture patterns for transactional business systems, data integration, data warehouse design and implementation, business intelligence, and master data management.
- Experience with distributed management and analytics in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Experience using Agile development methodology.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a team
- Knowledge and application of principles and patterns of enterprise level data architecture
- Experience using data modeling tools, such as Idera ER/Studio or ErWin for operational and data warehouse design patterns
- Experience using data profiling tools and techniques for data analysis
- Experience with Master Data Management (MDM) systems, domains, workflows and stewardship
- Experience with data warehouse design, implementation, patterns, and data history tracking
- Experience with data integration patterns, techniques, and tools
- Experience with developing enterprise and project data architecture artifacts
- Experience with Salesforce and Oracle CPQ/ERP tools
- Knowledge of various programming languages and development tools, including (but not limited to) Oracle/Microsoft data development tools, Java, Visual Studio, Toad, JSON, and XML
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
- Superior interpersonal skills, including excellent written and oral communication skills
- Business acumen and the ability to communicate to business and technical staff
- Strong time management and decision-making skills, drive for results and good organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world's most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 - finalist, and America's Most Responsible Companies.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity. Nearest Major Market:
Web Reference : AJF/334233024-202
Posted Date : Sat, 25 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of ANSYS. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe