Business Unit Description:
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that s First in Food .
Michael foods, Inc. located in Britt, Iowa where more eggs are produced within a 100 mile radius than anywhere in the world. Small town living and friendly faces make Britt, Iowa a place to call home. Our location is an egg processing flacility that varies from breaking, pasteurization, and dried egg. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
POSITION SUMMARY :
Reporting to the Safety Supervisor, the Safety Assistant provides clerical support to the Safety Department and is responsible for assisting with training and orientation sessions as well as written materials review.
This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and analyze data such as, safety inspections, exposure level testing, injuries, safety incentive program, SDS program, etc.
- Perform safety audits and inspections as directed by the Safety Supervisor.
- Assist with investigation of unsafe acts/conditions, ergonomic incidents, and injuries.
- Promote and ensure health and wellness through health fairs, education and training.
- Coordinate committee meetings- such as safety committee, ergonomics team, first responder team and haz-mat team among others.
- Educate and communicate safety to employees through group meetings, conferences, orientations, newsletter, etc.
- Collaborate with processing supervisors, managers, outside contractors and maintenance personnel on capital improvement projects to ensure work is completed in a safe manner.
- Follow MFEPC Safety Policies as well as OSHA regulations to enforce safe work practices.
- Compile data and generate reports by entering data into computer, determining information to include in reports, verifying data and distributing reports to appropriate parties.
- Participate on plant teams as a leader, action item owner, meeting scribe as needed or assigned
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a related field (ie general safety, HR, business, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Have a good understanding of OSHA standards.
- An Associate degree (A.S., A.A.) or two-year technical training beyond high school in basic office skills, computer operations, bookkeeping/accounting or human resources, with a minimum of 1 year of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work well with all levels (be a team player).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to solve fairly complex problems and manage multiple tasks.
- Certification in First Aid/CPR/AED or First Responder preferred.
- Some applicable experience in a risk management environment preferred.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and provide training to all levels of employee.
- Must be able to travel to other MFEPC locations for the purpose of performing safety audits.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and shifts.
- Must be willing to attend off-site training.
- Must have the ability to work independently, establish priorities and accomplish objectives with minimal supervision.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- OSHA 10-hour certification
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or employees of the organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position.
Web Reference : AJM/259937591-202
Posted Date : Tue, 04 Oct 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Michael Foods Inc.. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe