Business Unit Description:
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food .
Michael foods, Inc. located in Britt, Iowa where more eggs are produced within a 100 mile radius than anywhere in the world. Small town living and friendly faces make Britt, Iowa a place to call home. Our location is an egg processing flacility that varies from breaking, pasteurization, and dried egg. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the product produced meets the requirements for Food Safety and Quality. This is achieved through the implementation and monitoring of the Quality Systems programs and the mentoring of these programs to all departments in the facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products.
- Ability to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Follow USDA, FSIS, FDA, Customer and MFI guidelines.
- Collect in-process and finished product samples from filling lines or from a tanker and be able to perform tests to check for compliance to established MFI and customer specification (salt and solids, pH, temperature, package integrity, moisture, weight, sensory, etc).
- Use SAP to access and print product specifications, formulas, and mixing instructions.
- Assist in training production employees on food safety & quality requirements to ensure MFI standards are being met. Foster open communication and a good attitude towards work and fellow employees
- Perform pre-operational and operational inspections of the production areas, reporting any deficiencies noted to the Lead or Supervisor in charge.
- Check containers for proper coding and labeling to meet USDA and MFI standards. Monitor label declared weights on all products produced.
- Inspect incoming ingredients.
- Calibrate pH meter, thermometers, and scales to ensure equipment is accurate. Follow-up on any defective equipment.
- Report any detected abnormalities to the Production Employees, FSQ Supervisor or Manager, and Production Lead, Supervisor or Manager.
- Perform a recheck of any out of spec product produced and initiate any necessary hold of product.
- Perform FSQ program requirements such as environmental swabbing, water testing and air plate testing.
- Provide COAs to all customers requesting finished product test results and notify drivers of release of product (SSL Tankers only).
- Keep accurate and complete documentation of work performed and results of any testing done.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Adhere to Quality work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1-3 months of related experience
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- organoleptic skills
Web Reference : AJF/394373738-202
Posted Date : Mon, 03 Oct 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Michael Foods Inc.. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe