Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. (CST) is a private, family owned, worldwide leader in the development and commercialization of antibodies, assays and research tools. As a company of scientists for scientists, we have developed XMT® technology, a proprietary method to develop exceptional monoclonal antibodies, PTMScan®, a technology to discover protein post-translational modifications, and PhosphoSitePlus®, an online resource for investigation of post-translational modifications. We are passionate about our role in contributing to the life science industry's advancing of the human condition through accelerating the discovery and development of innovative therapies for human disease. We are fully committed to developing new research tools to help define the mechanisms underlying cell function and disease, thereby broadly accelerating progress in biomedical research and medicine.Position Summary:
The Business Systems Analyst III provides business analysis, project management, software development, and hands-on systems support for multiple technologies within the Web/Ecommerce portfolio. This position partners with the Commercial, Marketing, Product Development and Manufacturing business teams, IT project teams, IT Engineering and IT Operations teams to understand needs, define requirements, identify, implement and support technology solutions, following Agile methodologies. This position reports to the Associate Director, Web/Ecommerce.Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the business users to suggest and provide solutions to a business problem, opportunity or requirement.
- Participate in needs analysis and business risk assessment, and consult with the customer on how to best support their area through the effective use of technology.
- Under minimal supervision, perform business process analysis, process improvement design and business requirements-gathering from the customers and translate them to specific software requirements.
- Participate in release planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, and sprint planning, demos and other Agile Scrum related meetings.
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on User Story, Project & Sprint Backlogs; assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Prepare testable requirements (user stories) and use cases.
- Troubleshoot, assess, and lead resolution of business application issues as they arise.
- Provide ongoing change control, maintenance and end-user support for computer systems supported by the IT Web Ecommerce
- Prepare software development life cycle deliverables, such as functional specifications, design documents and test cases
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
- BA/BS in a related field
- 5+ years prior experience as a business systems analyst specializing in enterprise systems such as Oracle Commerce and preferably within or supporting the biotech/life sciences industry
- Experience in business requirements elicitation and definition, requirements planning and management, gap analysis and documentation, solution assessment and validation
What we offer
- Experience with business process mapping
- Familiar with Agile methodologies for systems development, experience with Atlassian Jira for user story, task, and bug tracking preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Providing excellent customer service with both internal and external customers
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multi-task to resolve critical issues
- Effectively interface with senior management and subject matter experts
At Cell Signaling Technology we recognize that people will always be our most important asset. Providing a safe, inclusive, and stimulating working environment that understands the importance of diversity, human dignity and meaningful work is as important as establishing company policies that incorporate excellent health insurance and pay benefits. We recognize that development of people is the key to their happiness and thus ensure every employee has impactful discussions with their manager and develops actionable performance and professional development plans. Lastly, we are committed to engaging and supporting our employees in committees and philanthropy that benefit their local communities and environment through community investment programs.Benefits
- Medical (BCBS) and Dental (Delta Dental) plans paid at 90%
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending accounts
- 401(k) Plan with 6% match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous PTO package
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite Subsidized Cafeteria
- Free Parking
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees, their families, our communities, partners and customers. In order to promote that safety and well-being, we require that all US-based employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Applicants who receive an offer of employment who can provide documentation that the vaccine is medically contraindicated, or who object to vaccination due to a sincerely held religious belief, may make a request for exemption. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodations consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company.
Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran or as a member of the military or status in any group protected by applicable federal or state laws.
All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of CST, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by CST for this position and a valid agreement with CST is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the CST agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Web Reference : AJF/416247466-202
Posted Date : Tue, 04 Oct 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Cell Signaling Technology. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe