Leidos is looking for a new Cyber Analyst to join our Security Operations Center (SOC) in Fairmont, WV or Boulder, CO, in support of our customer at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The NOAA SOC comprises of 20 analysts performing 24/7 operations.
- Proactively monitoring and providing near-real-time cyber security status and reports to enable timely decision-making
- Perform against established operational rhythm, expectations, and standards for Security Operations Center (SOC) analysts
- Part of the 24x7 operations of the NOAA SOC, supporting 8-hour shifts on weekdays or 12 hour shifts on weekends shift plus two days on weekdays.
- Operate with direction to investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs
- Perform investigative functions involving strong network engineering or Security+-type skills
- Follow documented procedures yet have an eye towards process improvement/effectivity Basic Qualifications
- Other Security Operator duties as assigned
- Requires BS degree and 1+ year of prior relevant experience
- Prior experience performing as a SOC analyst
- Upbeat and positive attitude Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Working knowledge of SIEM solutions and incident management solutions
- Technical understanding of core cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Inquisitive, problem-solving oriented
- CEH, Security+ or relevant IT technology certification
- Must be US Citizen.
- Must be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance or (Interim Top Secret acceptable).
NOAAGOV Pay Range:
Pay Range $53,300.00 - $96,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.