Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:$104,000Compensation Maximum:$165,000Responsibilities
Lead a team of Software Engineers focused on OpEx (Operational Excellence) of core systems and components
Hire, train, and assess the performance of team members according to corporate policies and procedures
Plan and support career development of team members
Instill an inclusive team culture and empower - challenge and coach team members to help grow their impact
Develop and execute against organizational and team roadmaps, goals and strategies
Meet business objectives in a metrics-driven environment
Define and measure the success of deliverables
Write detailed architecture and design proposals
Review design and code produced by engineers - be a trusted and constructive partner in technical discussions.
Drive quality improvement initiatives and processes
Improve and enhance system stability, reliability, performance and security
Own the strategic planning for the evolution of the team as the needs of the organization change
- BS or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10 years of relevant industry experience, with 5 years of technical leadership and people management experience - P&C insurance experience is a plus
- Strong leadership skills with experience leading cross functional projects which have had tangible impact to the direction of an organization
- A learning attitude to continuously improve self, team and the organization
- Ability to represent the team and remove hurdles so that each one of the team members operate at the highest level of efficiency and productivity
- Consistent track record successfully making progress amidst ambiguity.
- Ability to understand problems and designs at a very low level, with the expectation to contribute to and challenge decisions related to architecture, development, and operational processes
- Ability to increase production uptime through process improvements and automation
- A passion for scalable, modular, maintainable, and testable code
- Excellent communication, problem solving, critical thinking, and organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a multi-discipline and collaborating with a geographically dispersed team
- Working knowledge of multi-tier applications and their dependencies, including TCP/IP networking, web services, LDAP, and DNS
- Experience with restful web services, structured query language, relational and non-relational databases
- Good understanding of security fundamentals; authentication, authorization, and cryptography
- Experience maintaining legacy code and backwards compatibility, with a record of replacing legacy code with new things in non-disruptive ways
- Experience with cloud/hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Experience optimizing the size and performance of applications and frameworks
- Experience with large volume databases for OLTP environments
- Experience automating system administration, provisioning, support, and application management tasks
- Experience with continuous deployment systems using GIT and Jenkins; define branching, tagging, and code merging strategies
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk and DataDog
When you work at Homesite you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community !
Web Reference : AJF/294454527-202
Posted Date : Thu, 23 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of HGI Homesite Group Incorporated. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe