WHAT YOU'LL DO Agile ways of working (inspired by the Agile Manifesto) are critical for organizational success in a rapidly changing world. Dedicated to BCG's Enterprise Agility topic (formerly Agile at Scale), you will help bring Agile ways of working to clients, alongside complimentary theories, concepts, and practices like Design Thinking, Lean Start-up, Holacracy, and more. BCG Enterprise Agility transformations include a holistic review of an organization's operating model - not only its Processes and Structure, but its Culture, Technology, Governance, and more.
We are seeking a Client Focused Senior Knowledge Analyst to join the Enterprise Agility topic's Knowledge Team. This role will join team of individuals with a passion to help grow BCG's Enterprise Agility business and offering, support client engagements, and work on key topic priorities. As part of a topic central to BCG's digital business, this position also requires an eagerness to be part of a growing and fast-paced global team. Successful candidates will feel comfortable operating in a "semi start-up mode" within a larger organization, with ambiguity and with evolving priorities, as well as be eager to lean in to support wherever it is needed.
The Knowledge Team at BCG provides two primary career paths as individuals progress to and beyond the Senior Knowledge Analyst level: Topic Activation and Client Focus. We are hiring for Client Focus.
Client KT are primarily staffed on cases, working face to face with clients and with BCG Project Leaders and, Associates and Consultants. In the period between cases, they will collaborate with global topic leads and colleagues across BCG to bring expertise and capabilities to the service of our internal and external clients. While staffed on casework travel can increase to match the consulting team.
In this role (across tracks), you will
Work together with case and proposal teams to provide expert advisory and internal/external knowledge/IP on the Enterprise Agility topic:
- Scope needs of case/proposal teams, problem solve together with the case team to help clients design the new Agile operating models and provide hands-on training and coaching on Agile concepts, values, culture, behaviors, and practices
- Help execute analyses and provide expertise/insights and materials
- Leverage & apply your strengths and experiences as you thought partner with case teams
Execute the Enterprise Agility topic, IP, and content agendas, and help continue building the topic community:
- Research trends and help develop new ideas to ensure we are delivering the best possible knowledge asset/IP to clients
- Channel your professional interests and experiences to create unique approaches, solutions, and products that support Enterprise Agility transformations
- Identify gaps in our current IP landscape; lead efforts to codify prior client work and develop knowledge assets/tools/methodologies to address gaps
- Contribute to go-to-market materials and support development of publications
- Manage presence and content on internal BCG microsite and participate in knowledge infrastructure projects, surveys, etc.
The Enterprise Agility topic is shared between two practices at BCG - People & Organization and Technology Advantage. The People & Organization practice has three umbrella areas: Organization Design & Operating Model (in which Enterprise Agility sits), Talent & Skills, and Change Management, Culture, & Purpose. Being part of the People & Organization practice provides opportunities to work across broader Organization Design & Operating Model topics in addition to the primary focus on Enterprise Agility. Similarly, being part of the Technology Advantage practice provides opportunities to work across BCG's wide range of digital and technology topics including data, software, and digital transformation. YOU'RE GOOD AT
- Seeking out the source of a client or case team challenge and seeking to address it fully, using a combination of BCG thought leadership along with your own expertise and judgement
- Driving continuous improvement and growth: of yourself, your team, and your topic
- Working collaboratively and effectively in a group dynamic, often virtual, proficient in agile ways of working, and able to navigate complexity and ambiguity
- Communicating and building genuine relationships with stakeholders and peers to collaborate, grow, and contribute positively to team culture
- Using structured analytics and logical thought processes to build a business case and establish your point of view in a time-limited, problem-solving environment
- Providing sophisticated synthesis and packaging of results (eg, Excel data manipulation, client-ready Power point Slides)
- Framing, structuring, and sharing intellectual property, with the ability to write clearly and concisely
- You have a passion for studying how organizations, especially technology organizations, work; you have a curious and creative mindset, open to new concepts and able to propose innovative ideas.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Experience working on an Agile team, preferably with subject matter knowledge of technology delivery, product management, and/or organizational design
- 1-2+ years of consulting experience related to Enterprise Agility; candidates with consulting experience preferred. In lieu of consulting experience, 2+ years minimum industry experience required; 3-6+ years of industry experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably related to Behavioral Sciences or Technology
- A combination of experiences relating to how people work together (eg, behavioral science, organizational psychology, program management) and technology
- Experience teaming in a digital world, using tools like Trello and Slack
- Professional fluency in English
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholder while working in a global, collaborative team environment
YOU'LL WORK WITH Our knowledge and research specialists collaborate with global colleagues across BCG to bring expertise and capabilities to the service of our clients. Our team is made up of a diverse pool of knowledge and research positions that allow us to pursue exciting, innovative research careers. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION The Knowledge Team (KT) is a group of functional and/or industry experts leveraging deep domain knowledge to enable insight for case teams and clients. KT members are affiliated to BCG Practice Areas, plugged into the strategic agenda, and building and deploying leading edge IP data tools/assets to deliver insight.
BCG's Knowledge Team members are staffed on cases and help co-create insights with case teams and clients through expert perspectives on industry trends, delivery of proprietary data or tools in a particular function and complex research and analysis of market information. KT members also support the PA's business development and proposals and help to organize and codify the knowledge that enables BCG to deliver superior business value for its clients.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.
Web Reference : AJF/333479417-202
Posted Date : Thu, 18 Aug 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Boston Consulting Group. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe