At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We're proud to be publicly recognized as a "Top Workplace" year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.About Our Healthcare Business Unit
Perficient is on a mission to help the Healthcare industry take advantage of modern data and analytics architectures, tools, and patterns to improve the quality and affordability of care. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to assist Perficient and its customers to grow the capabilities necessary to improve care through better use of data and information, and in the process take their career to the next level.Perficient is looking for an experienced Lead AWS Cloud Engineer to join our Healthcare Business Unit.
The Technical Lead provides technology direction, ensures project implementation compliance, and utilizes technology research to innovate, integrate, and manage technology solutions. As a Technology Architect, you will significantly contribute to identifying best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs.Responsibilities
- Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation
- Work with application developers, users, operational leadership, and subject matter experts to understand current and future data needs. Recommend modern technology stacks to meet those goals and help engineering teams migrate towards their use .
- Lead a work stream or act as a team lead and manage non-complex components of the work plan/project.
- Utilize analytical, process, and/or technical skills to meet project objectives and deliverables that are self-directed and within project scope.
Preferred Skills And Education
- 3 -5 years of hand-on experience on big data projects.
- Experience in dealing with structured, semi-structured and unstructured data in batch and real-time environments.
- 2 years of experience in AWS Cloud including RDS, DMS and Glue.
- Experience with Apache Airflow, open-source workflow management platform.
- Good experience on Spark, distributed processing, Spark structured streaming, implementing batch and streaming data interfaces.
- Strong programming experience on Python with specific application on Data processing use cases.
- Stong understanding of streaming technologies including experience working with Kafka.
- Strong experience working with loading, extracting data from Glue, SQL, DDL, DML commands.
- Data streaming and developing data pipelines driven by events/queues a plus
- Data base experience including NoSQL data bases like MongoDb, Cassandra etc. a plus
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD as well as Agile tools and processes including Git, Jenkins, Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in Relational Modeling, Dimensional Modeling and Modeling of Unstructured Data a plus
- Good experience in end-to-end implementation of DW BI projects, especially in data warehouse and mart developments
- Experience in preparing test scripts and test cases to validate data and maintaining data quality
- Experience working with a globally distributed team
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field or equal related experience
- Certification in AWS preferred
- Experience working with Healthcare payer data.
- Experience with authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Disclaimer:
The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Select work authorization questions to ask when applicants apply
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (eg H-1B visa status)?