Lightpath is one of the largest competitive local exchange carriers in the tri-state area. We own and operate our infrastructure "from the ground up" by deploying 7,100 route miles connecting 15,000 on-net/LIT buildings, With a strong portfolio of cutting edge solutions for Internet, WAN, Voice, SD-WAN, Security & Cloud services, we enable Enterprise customers of all sizes the ability to react to new challenges while developing best practices for the future. With Lightpath's continued focus on network excellence and a customer first service commitment, we are building a workforce of the best talent that will meet the needs of our customers and reflect the diverse communities we serve
Responsibilities Under the direction of the NMC Manager, Candidate will be responsible for support of the Lightpath Network and all customers. The NMC directs and actively coordinates all testing, maintenance, and repair functions for all services and all elements within the Lightpath network. Utilizing a diverse host of Network Management Systems, candidates will engage other LP teams as needed to test, diagnose, and fault Isolate and resolve network issues. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and provide support for all managed objects and elements.
- Conduct monitoring and intrusive testing for all transport, and, managed services.
- Open and track trouble tickets to resolution, either resolving or escalating.
- Manage, and support trouble tickets utilizing ticketing and engineering databases.
- Perform routine maintenance on all voice, and data services.
- Troubleshoot IP routing and subnetting issues.Perform changes and testing for NAT/PAT, DHCP protocols, BGP, and VPN support.
- Execute problem avoidance practices to maintain a high level of reliability.
- Perform initial problem analysis and triage to escalate tickets when appropriate.
- Serve as liaison with end-users, managers, and technical teams to communicate problems until a resolution is reached.
- Interface with other departments and workgroups daily, including Provisioning, Engineering, and Installation.
- Ensure metrics and goals are exceeded for network availability and MTTR.
- Maintain compliance with all practices and procedures. Ensure all work-related test equipment and vehicles are utilized and maintained in a safe and responsible manner, ensuring all work-related tasks are performed in a manner that is in compliance with all Lightpath safety rules and regulations.
- Complies with Lightpath dress code in order to present a neat and professional image to our customers and the public in general.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime and on-call rotation as required.
- Bachelor's degree or comparable field experience
- Minimum of 3 years, transport and data networking experience
- Certified Cisco Network Associate or Network Professional credentials or current enrollment in programs a plus
- Experience with DWDM, Sonet, Ethernet, Cisco routing, and switching
- Strong knowledge to support intelligent transport and managed service solutions for E-line V-Line, E-Lan, VPN, internet access, bundled services, and managed routers
- Thorough understanding and experience in using varied Graphical Interface Systems, technical schematics, equipment configurations, trouble isolation, etc.
- Proven ability to multitask, strong verbal and written skills required
- Ability to persuade and use problem-solving conflict resolution skills
- Participate in flexible work schedule 24X7, and standby rotation.
- Proficient Knowledge of Microsoft excel
- Maintain targeted Network availability objectives of 99.999
- Meet or exceed On-Net MTTR 4.0 objectives
- Target first call trouble management resolution rate >95%
Resolve 80% Tier III Trouble/Service tickets per day
Lightpath is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Lightpath collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing
Web Reference : AJF/359824897-202
Posted Date : Sat, 25 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Lightpath Fiber. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe