Under the direction of the Group Leader, Raleigh, NC Sites, the incumbent is responsible for performing the day-to-day operations of a hatchery and grow-out facility to ensure the delivery of healthy Specific Pathogen Free (SPF) chickens in sufficient quantities to meet the demands of other sites. Typical hours are M-F, 3am-12pm, weekend work required.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Reporting to the Group Leader, the incumbent receives minimal direction for routine functions and guided by production schedules, batch records, and controlled documents.
- Position may require the incumbent to work flexible work hours to ensure standard business operations and to handle departmental emergency situations. This can include working extended hours on same day notice or weekend hours.
- Performs all day-to-day operations of the hatchery and grow-out facilities to ensure the delivery of healthy SPF chickens in sufficient quantities to meet the demands of other sites. Oversees and cares for SPF animals. Ensures that all animals are cared for in a manner consistent with Boehringer-Ingelheim's policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with BI Animal Welfare guidelines.
- Operates all equipment safely and within the manufacturer's recommendations or as documented in controlled documents. Reports any abnormal functions of the equipment to Maintenance/Group Leader.
- Ensures that all equipment is cleaned and disinfected in accordance with documented procedures and inspects before use to insure that it has been properly cleaned and ready for the prescribed use.
- Maintains accurate and timely manufacturing records which include all paperwork and files. Can complete all calculations required within the manufacturing record. Performs duties in accordance with all federal, state, local and company regulations, SOPs and guidelines.
- Drives company vehicles to pick up raw materials and lab supplies. Will Need clean MVR.
- Performs, as assigned, miscellaneous incidental duties and temporary jobs within the facility or at the Cocci Lab or Sandhills Farm.
- Assists when needed with equipment and facilities maintenance. Also assists in upkeep of facility grounds.
- Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assists in maintaining the security of the facility. Recognizes and understands the importance of Boehringer-Ingelheim standards and goals regarding Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) in area of responsibility and focuses behavior in a manner consistent with those standards and goals.
- Able to operate and train other employees on all tasks necessary to perform required job functions and ensures biosecurity practices are maintained at the site.
- Ensures that he/she and all site personnel and/or visitors follow approved strict biosecurity practices to protect the SPF status of chicken flocks.
- Multiple head-to-toe, full body (hair included) showers DAILY are required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
. May not own or have contact with other birds or poultry.
- High School Diploma required.
- Two (2) years of work experience preferable in agriculture and experience with farm equipment.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to read and understand SOP's and guidelines and ensure adherence to them.
- Basic computer skills.
- Maintain professional working relations with all team members.
- Attention to detail and ability to document work performed is required.
- Ability to lift/push/pull 60 lbs. and carry it at least 10-40 feet.
- Must be able to squat, bend, and stoop, as well as twisting and turning.
- Able to stand on feet for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity are important.
- Ability to maneuver heavy carts on various terranes.
- Must be able to work in a dusty and hot or cold environment.
- This position may require working weekends along with flexible shift hours. Regular attendance is required to assure continuance of operations and care of animals.
- Drive a non CDL <26,000 truck. Must have a clean MVR.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities\:
- Two to three (2-3) years of Avian experience.
- Ability to think ahead to next task.
- Can work well under pressure.
- Mathematical skills.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.
Web Reference : AJF/270461166-202
Posted Date : Sat, 13 Aug 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Boehringer Ingelheim. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe