Overview We are seeking an IT Support Specialist to support the Enterprise Windows Admin Support Service (EWASS) with Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays. Visit us at www.TekSynap.com . Apply now to explore jobs with us! The IT Support Specialist will perform a variety of routine tasks covering planning and delivery of customer support services including installation, troubleshooting, user assistance and training. Responsibilities & Qualifications RESPONSIBILITIES. Diagnosing and resolving problems in response to customer reported incidents.
* Planning and analysis of work processes, researching and reporting trends and patterns of problems.
* Developing training materials and performing computing/information system training sessions.
* Developing and maintaining problem tracking databases.
* Installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining hardware and software.
* Performing backup and recovery operations.
* Migrate, update and sustain DLA Print and Fax solutions.
* Consulting with users to identify needs and requirements.
* Conducting feasibility studies and trade-off analyses.
* Preparing business cases.
* Discovery, migration and sustainment of DLA Microsoft OneDrive presence
* Ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices.
* May be required to support DLA's eProcurement system, a segment of its SAP-based enterprise resource planning system. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS. Six (6) years of progressive experience in the field of Information Processing
* Three (3) of which are specialized in Information Processing and involve a range of hardware/software solutions
* Two (2) of which are concentrated, hands-on experience in installing, diagnosing problems and training customers in the use of software and hardware
* Secret Clearance
* Must hold one of the following active certifications:
* Security+ CE
* CASP CE
* CCNP Security
* CISSP (or Associate)
* Must hold one of the following active computing certifications or related Microsoft computing certification of Server 2012 or above:
* MCITP SA
* MCITP EA
* MCSA:WS2012, WS2016
* MCSE:WS2012, WS 2016
* M2012 Net
* MCA:MS Windows Server Directory
* GCWN M
* MS-AA: Microsoft Azure Administrator
* MS-SAE: Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES. Establish Focus. Motivational Support. Change Management. Performance Management. Oral Communication. Written Communication. Persuasive Communication. Interpersonal Awareness. Build Relationships. Analytical Thinking. Conceptual Thinking. Strategic Thinking. Technical Expertise. Initiative. Foster Innovation. Results Oriented. Teamwork. Customer Service WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.. Location: Battle Creek, MI; Richmond, VA; Ft. Belvoir, VA; Philadelphia, PA; New Cumberland, PA; Mechanicsburg, PA; Tracy, CA; Tinker AFB, OK; Columbus, OH; Dayton, OH or Ogden, UT. Type of environment: Setting Changes. Noise level: Soft - Medium. Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.. Amount of Travel: Less than 10% PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE U.S. Citizen Active Secret Clearance OTHER DUTIES Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.