You have a passion for tree work and growing your leadership skills. We want to help grow that passion with career opportunities, supportive leadership and a dedication to safety.
We're the second largest vegetation management company in North America and always growing. But really, we're in the people success business, we just happen to trim trees.
Who you are
- Open-Minded: open to new ideas, willing to listen and observe, humble
- Love the Outdoors: enjoys varying environments/weather, not afraid to get dirty, adventurous
- Self-Motivated: driven, strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes
- Adaptable: can think on your feet, nimble, flexible
- Collaborative: strong people skills, able to give and receive constructive feedback, willing to speak-up
What you'll do:
- Lead a tight-knit crew, creating and promoting a positive team environment
- Interpret tree trimming, removal and spraying orders initiated by General Foreman or representative of the customer
- Plan and lay out daily work for your crew. (Considering time required to complete work, clean-up time, equipment available, weather conditions, customer's permission, etc.)
- Perform a Pre-Job Hazard Survey at each job site with all crew members and assigns work task based on individual's knowledge skills and abilities.
- Perform line clearing and tree trimming duties for Lewis Tree Service's utility customers including: pruning treetops and limbs, trimming or removal of at-risk/damaged trees as well as removing broken limbs from wires, roofs, etc.
- Climb trees and operate a bucket for trimming and removals in and above the power lines.
- Prepare, operate and maintain all tools and equipment including hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and aerial lifts.
- Remove limbs and brush, cleanup and dispose of debris.
- Mixing and apply spray chemicals, preserving desirable vegetation
- Safeguard employees and public from hazards in and around the working area. Enforce on the job safety practices.
What you'll need:
- Two years or more experience working as a Trimmer/Climber, working around utility lines.
- Ability to lead people including strong communication skills
- Knowledge of trees including identification, growth habits and correct arboriculture techniques for the trimming, pruning, repairing, maintaining and removing, as applicable to working in close proximity to energized conductors.
- Experience in tree climbing, knot tying and PPE
- Understanding of drawings and symbols representing types of lines, voltage, line equipment, etc.
- Ability to perform physical labor such as lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. to shoulder height or more.?
- Capable of operating two handed equipment (chain saw, circular saw, etc.) and have the physical ability to endure extreme climate variances.?
- Willing and able to obtain specialized training and certifications as required, such as:
- Local, state and federal licenses
- First Aid and CPR cards
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and job duty skills tests
- Specialized paid training & certifications
- Career advancement opportunities
- Health insurance plans
- Paid time off
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Retirement & savings plans options
- Employee assistance program
Lewis Tree Service is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity for both applicants and employees. Lewis Tree Service prohibits unlawful discrimination or harassment of employees and applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age (40+), religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic, all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, apprenticeship, promotion, demotion, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Lewis Tree Service's practices and policies are administered in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Web Reference : AJF/353382816-202
Posted Date : Sat, 02 Jul 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Lewis Tree Services. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe