The primary responsibility of the Director is to lead the execution of the application modernization initiatives within the CSRT Organization and be the single point of accountability for business and technology domain partners. This role requires leading a geographically disbursed technical team; that includes a Scrum Master, Application DB Developers, Architect, Development and Test Engineers. The preferred candidate must have strong execution, organization, and people leadership capabilities to lead our Agile-oriented teams. The abilities to understand and align with technology and business goals and communicate with senior business leadership are essential to the success of this role. The ideal candidate will have a passion for emerging technologies and be capable of influencing and inspiring the team in developing innovative solutions that meet the business needs.
What you are good at
- Closely collaborate with technology and business partners across the firm to scale existing products to new lines of business while also advancing our digital agenda through automation and straight through processing.
- Create strategic and partnerships with business and other application technology leaders.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Utilize best-in-class technology solutions to develop compelling features Clients will love that also advance strategic agendas, like ongoing application modernization, retirement of legacy platforms, cross-enterprise scaling, cloud migration, and the adoption of dev ops
- Actively manage engagement of employees and provide coaching to support both their career development and product delivery.
- Provide direction and mentoring of junior staff and oversight for contingent workers. Able to assess and mitigate risk, manage budget and timeline, develop, and realize a technology roadmap, and work closely with business partners on prioritization and change control to ensure successful delivery
What you have
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of leading and managing technology/development teams, with project management, resource management, and offshore resource management capabilities
- 5+ years of experience with running medium to large/complex projects with multiple dependencies
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry a plus
- Agile Methodology/DevOps knowledge and/or Scrum training or certification, with experience leading in an Agile delivery environment
Leadership and Management:
- Demonstrated ability to define and communicate strategy and vision, as well as influence across the Enterprise is essential
- Demonstrated ability to effectively empower and motivate teams and partners in delivering technology enabled business solutions that meet business needs
- Ability to identify talent, recruit, hire, and build high-performing teams
- Ability to execute at scale in a dynamic environment and coordinate across multiple time zones and locations
- Ability to build strong relationships and promote collaboration
- Ability to coach, mentor, and provide direct, timely performance feedback; experience setting direction, tracking progress, and ensuring accountability
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate technical discussions and drive solutions forward to achieve business needs This includes developing strategic roadmaps and communication strategies for teams
- Ability to facilitate dialog and retrospectives with a diverse group of stakeholders and to review feedback to drive continuous improvement in tools, practices and processes within the emerging enterprise SAvE standards at Schwab
- Experience leading in an Agile delivery environment and implementing Continuous Delivery is a big plus
- Broad and deep knowledge of IT/software technology and trends, domain knowledge and experience in infrastructure support, application development, and cloud based application development, web services, middleware, operating systems, databases, networking, security Cloud technologies and business intelligence
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Red Hat LINUX, standard relational databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2 or Oracle and NO SQL Databases (Mongo)
- Strong innovation, creativity, and problem-solving skills, including experience facilitating incident management and system recovery efforts
Web Reference : AJF/359651566-202
Posted Date : Sat, 02 Jul 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Charles Schwab. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe