WHAT YOU'LL DO The Global Supplier Risk Manager will be part of a growing, agile and diverse team delivering a world class Global Procurement transformation. You will be an important part of this effort; developing the design, implementing and managing supplier risk initiatives across BCG's global supply base. This includes the ongoing development and implementation of BCG's Supplier Risk Framework, fostering cross functional relationships and delivering risk programs to achieve excellence in supplier risk management.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of one of the world's leading consulting firms: applying your high level of self-motivation/drive, resourcefulness and ability to reduce supply risk. The scope of the role includes:
- Promoting the Supplier Governance Policy and Supplier Risk Framework to ensure supplier risk awareness and ongoing compliance for a defined portfolio of suppliers.
- Deliver supplier risk management as part of BCG's three lines of defence - provide input into and represent supplier risk at the relevant management forums and working groups.
- Provide risk guidance and support to Sourcing and Procurement operations teams to ensure effective due diligence, risk reduction and monitoring.
- Act as a control point to ensure good governance and compliance, being vigilant for and escalating potential risk concerns.
- Implement risk initiatives at a global and local level to ensure alignment with the busines
- Maintain risk assessment and segmentation, minimum control standards and KRIs metrics/compliance reporting across our existing supplier base.
- Implementation of the Supplier Risk Management Framework and risk mitigation that is appropriate for BCG's risk segments.
- Identify critical and high risk suppliers, set out targeted risk reduction programs and actions.
- Implement an ongoing risk review and monitoring of all risk segments as appropriate.
- Support rapid supplier incident response, coordinating with the incident response team to ensure prompt communication, investigation and risk mitigation.
- Implement targeted awareness communication and training initiatives for key risks - eg CyberCrime, Financial Evaluation, Data Privacy and Business Continuity.
- Maintain and develop program reporting, risk data and artefact capture to ensure the necessary transparency & control - including Key Performance/Risk Indicator (KPIs/KRIs) reporting and dashboard updates.
- Report to all stakeholders on a regular cadence, highlighting risk concerns, action plans and responsibilities.
- Monitor evolving external and supply market risks, and legal or regulatory changes to ensure appropriate compliance - eg Data Privacy, Prohibition.
- Develop strong productive partnerships and collaboration with the Control Groups: Legal, Risk, IT and Finance.
- Support the development of policies, procedures, standards, assessment, reporting and other program materials and documentation.
- Ensure the selected suppliers controls, and the due diligence process are auditable.
- Continuously foster and coach-in a supplier risk awareness culture with key internal and external stakeholder.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- Proven ability to influence and drive consensus in an global, decentralized and matrix environment with both internal clients as well as suppliers, with sometimes conflicting or competing priorities
- Service-oriented, anticipates the needs of others and work proactively to seek opportunities to support others
- Convey a strong positive personal and professional image with excellent standards of professional behavior and ethics
- Team player, highly motivated, energetic, resourceful and friendly
- Timely, flexible and able to work under pressure
- Demonstrates accountability and ownership, good judgement and reaches sound conclusions
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects
- High level of initiative and resourcefulness
- Comfort with ambiguity and iterative process
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 5-10 years experience in implementing and executing supplier risk management programs across multiple spend categories and geographies, preferably in a regulated environment
- In-depth knowledge of applied due diligence to all procurement phases from requirements gathering to supplier relationship management and service exit, preferably in indirect procurement
- University degree or equivalent, preferably with a post graduate qualification
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills with experience of managing multi geographies across time-zones
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Global Experience within the professional services industry in procurement or related function
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to set priorities, attention to details and tenacious with follow-ups
YOU'LL WORK WITH BCG spends ~$1.3Bn on goods and services across the firm globally. Global Procurement is BCG's in-house central procurement function, which supports the organization and our offices with operational and strategic procurement. Global Procurement has generated material value from our suppliers, reduced risk and delivered cost savings to BCG over the past 5 years.
We continue our transformation to define and implement strategies, organization, systems and policies to create a sustainable operating model. BCG is a highly matrixed firm where purchasing decisions are often taken at the local level, therefore this transformation will be carried out with high levels of stakeholder engagement, alignment and collaboration. Our team is located in various regions (London, Boston, New Delhi and Munich) and we work very closely with each other. We learn from, and challenge each other daily. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.
Web Reference : AJF/244014519-202
Posted Date : Thu, 23 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Boston Consulting Group. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe