|Location:||Appleton, WI (54919)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Posted:||2 days ago|
This Lead Certification Project Engineer position is for the Completions Certification Engineering Group. This group supports completion related activities for new designs of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new Gulfstream aircraft along with supporting other Certification related activities Must have knowledge of Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14CFR - especially Chapter I, Part 25), as it pertains to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulation procedures and the STC process as it relates to certification of Aircraft Interiors. Candidate should have experience creating certification documents such as ICAs, Ground/Flight Test Plans, Compliance Checklists, Project Plans, etc. This position requires experience with leading or supervising staff employees, program management, effective communication, and the demonstrated ability to coordinate company certification programs for alterations and modifications. In this role, you will: Actively work to improve daily processes, efficiencies and quality of deliverables. Drive standardization of Certification deliverables and ensure all documentation meets Customer requirements. Maintain knowledge of developments and applications of technical principles and changes to the ODA Manual procedures for STC/MRA/TCmra. Develop and evaluate plans for Certification activities and assess feasibility and soundness of proposed methods and analysis to achieve technical product cost and schedule requirements. Supervises activities of subordinate employees who perform similar tasks within a technical discipline by using established policies and precedents. Trains new engineers in methods established for the group. Assignments are executed under the direction of the Certification Manager to meet the Engineering, Certification and manufacturing schedules. Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelors Degree in engineering, a related curriculum required.or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
5 years related engineering experience with Bachelors. Masters Degree Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years or Ph.D. Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 4 years.
Executes engineering tasks of moderate complexity with predetermined performance objectives by providing direction to engineering employees within similar disciplines working within a single department
1. Develops and evaluates plans for activities and assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed methods and analysis to achieve technical product cost and schedule requirements .
2. Supervises activities of subordinate employees who perform similar tasks within a technical discipline by using established policies and precedents .
3. Plans, coordinates and directs a complex engineering project or a number of smaller projects with moderate complexity .
4. Provides technical guidance to ensure quality of product and schedule .
5. Trains new engineers in methods and procedures .
6. May be called upon to assist in budget preparation and employee evaluations .
1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments and applications of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise .
Perform other duties as assigned.
1. The level of managerial skills and abilities appropriate for this grade may be established by each discipline.
2. Assigned to problems of moderate complexity.
3. Faulty decisions could cause delays in schedules and inefficient use of resources.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
5. Interacts mainly with subordinates internal to the organization.
6. Supports budget for assigned area.
7. Has direct employee supervision responsibilities.