|Location:||Appleton, WI (54919)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Posted:||4 days ago|
This is a Lead Engineer position in the Completions Electrical/Avionics Engineering group. Responsibilities primarily involve providing managerial oversight and technical guidance to an engineering team. The Lead Engineer will oversee and be involved with multiple design installations ensuring the designs meet the electrical load requirements and FAA certification guidelines of the entire interior installation. Engineering design work includes the creation of data using AutoCAD, or Capital HarnessXC, and SmarTeam while employing and maintaining design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods. The Lead Engineer may be required to liaison with hangar and shop teams on engineering issues. Duties are executed under the direction of a Group Head to meet the manufacturing schedule. Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned by the Avionics/Electrical Engineering Group Head.
- Strong technical skills with knowledge of electrical engineering prints and their interpretation
- Ability to effectively lead and work with a multi-discipline team of engineers, technicians, certification personnel, etc.
- Flexibility to move quickly from one assignment to the next and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously
- Be a highly motivated, eager to learn and results driven individual
- Knowledge of Capital HarnessXC, Capital Logic and Autocad
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelors Degree in engineering, a related curriculum required.or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
5 years related engineering experience with Bachelors. Masters Degree Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years or Ph.D. Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 4 years.
Executes engineering tasks of moderate complexity with predetermined performance objectives by providing direction to engineering employees within similar disciplines working within a single department
1. Develops and evaluates plans for activities and assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed methods and analysis to achieve technical product cost and schedule requirements .
2. Supervises activities of subordinate employees who perform similar tasks within a technical discipline by using established policies and precedents .
3. Plans, coordinates and directs a complex engineering project or a number of smaller projects with moderate complexity .
4. Provides technical guidance to ensure quality of product and schedule .
5. Trains new engineers in methods and procedures .
6. May be called upon to assist in budget preparation and employee evaluations .
1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments and applications of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise .
Perform other duties as assigned.
1. The level of managerial skills and abilities appropriate for this grade may be established by each discipline.
2. Assigned to problems of moderate complexity.
3. Faulty decisions could cause delays in schedules and inefficient use of resources.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
5. Interacts mainly with subordinates internal to the organization.
6. Supports budget for assigned area.
7. Has direct employee supervision responsibilities.