Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Summary/Role Purpose
Join the Ansys Customer Excellence team to partner with our customers to engineer what's ahead, solve their real-world engineering problems, deploy Ansys software in their design workflows, and grow Ansys' business. As a hands-on subject matter expert, you will use expert-level engineering knowledge to provide technical pre-sales support, perform professional services, and help translate customer requirements into exciting new product features. You will be working within multi-disciplinary teams to create pervasive simulation solutions, advance your industry knowledge, and grow the business impact. Key Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Lead in coordinating and executing all technical activities throughout the sales opportunity lifecycle such as technical discovery, negotiate technical success criteria, product presentations, demonstrations, and evaluations. Work independently within multi-disciplinary teams
- Interact with customers to understand their product design needs and engineering design workflows; analyze how to address customers' requirements using Ansys products and platform, articulate Ansys' value proposition
- Assist in creating differentiating simulation solutions using the Ansys platform and products; deploy the solutions within customers' design workflows
- Develop competence as a subject matter expert and industry expert
- Collaborate with the Ansys product development teams to translate customer requirements into exciting new product features; test new releases of Ansys products on industrial problems, develop application best practices
- Support Ansys field and digital marketing, author conference presentations
- Contribute to consulting services, conduct introductory and/or intermediate training classes
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Required education and degree type: BS or MS or PhD in Mechanical/Aerospace/Civil Engineering or related field
- Required minimum years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: BS+5, MS+3, or PhD+0
- Demonstrated use of relevant Ansys software or knowledge of other commercial CAE, CAD, EDA, PLM software packages
- Subject matter expert in one or more relevant disciplines within Ansys' business and is/will be sought out for advice by other Ansys engineers
- Logical problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in writing and speaking English
- Strong organizational and time management skills, possesses a sense of urgency
- Projects a professional image and demonstrates business acumen, driven to succeed
- Experience in industrial best practices of using CAE and model maturity criteria and implications
- Strong practical experience and expertise in computational mechanics such as material modeling, manufacturing process modeling or failure simulation
- Demonstrated expertise in implicit or explicit integration techniques for solids.
- Familiarity with latest industrial trends such as sustainability, model-based engineering, ICME (Integrated Computational Materials Engineering), manufacturing simulation, and CAE process compression and solution
- Hands-on experience and passion towards programming and coding for automation, algorithm implementation or GUI in simulation technology and manufacturing process simulation and modeling
CULTURE AND VALUES
- Preferred education and years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: BS+8, MS+6, or PhD+3
- 2 years of experience in aerospace or automotive industry
- Ability to interact effectively with senior business managers and C-level executives
- Ability to travel domestically up to 25% of time
- Experience in incorporation of in simulation engineering standard work
- Experience with using ML techniques to optimize and estimate parameters for generative design optimization and parameter estimation.
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
WORKING AT ANSYS
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity. Nearest Major Market:
Ann Arbor Nearest Secondary Market:
Web Reference : AJF/327249308-202
Posted Date : Sat, 25 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of ANSYS. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe