Description Job Description:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world's most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
The NISC IV program at Leidos is looking for an Occupational Safety Health Analyst!
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
The selected candidate:
- Takes effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state occupational safety and health standard provisions of any labor agreement, ensuring that all required records are prepared and maintained.
- Participates in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections and in any procedures that may follow a citation.
- Investigates, prepares, and forwards as required.
- Reports on injuries and fatalities.
- Conducts safe work procedures training courses.
- This position will support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Air Traffic Organization (ATO), Western Service Area (WSA) Environmental, Occupational Safety & Health (EOSH) Program and assist the District Safety and Environmental Compliance Managers (SECMs) in providing EOSH support to Airway Facilities (AF) personnel within the Anchorage (ANC) District Office.
- The candidate will support the customer's Asbestos, Lead, Environmental Compliance, OSH Compliance, Confined Space, Fall Protection, Safety Training, Drinking Water, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), and Pandemic Support programs.
- The candidate will participate in EOSH investigations related to potential accidental releases, mishaps, and employee complaints, as requested by the Safety & Environmental Compliance Manager (SECM).
Please Note : Must be able to work onsite in Anchorage, AK (once temporary Pandemic related remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).
- Must have experience in one of the following areas: Industrial Hygienist (IH) OR Occupational Safety and Health (OSH).
- Certified in any of the following areas is a plus: Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Asbestos Contractor/Supervisor; AHERA Asbestos Building Inspector; Certified Lead Professional; Lead Inspector/Risk Assessor; and Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER).
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS PowerPoint.
- The position requires the candidate to travel approximately 25% - 50% within the Anchorage (ANC) District, primarily in the state of Alaska.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust Security clearance.
- Requires Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, OR equivalent experience/combined education, with 4-8 years of professional experience; OR 2-6 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) OR Associate Safety Professional certification is highly desired.
- Highly developed presentation skills, comfortable conducting training classes, self-motivated and proactive team player, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to be fit-tested and wear respirator, and be enrolled in Respiratory Protection Program (if hired).
- Able to meet all requirements necessary to climb structures and oversee Fall Protection Program.
- Confined Space Assessment Experience, Program Administration Experience; Forklift Operator Experience, Forklift Instructor; Aerial Lift Operator Experience, and Aerial Lift Instructor, are desired.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook .
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year. External Referral Bonus:
Eligible External Referral Bonus $:
$1000 Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 50% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Environmental Health And Safety Pay Range:
Web Reference : AJF/168486397-202
Posted Date : Sat, 27 Nov 2021
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Leidos. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe