|Location:||Akron, OH (44301)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Posted:||2 days ago|
The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank offers a diverse workplace with professionals that work together to fulfill our mission in the fight to end hunger. We are seeking individuals who share and believe in our core values - compassion, collaboration, service, integrity, inclusion and innovation.
Oversee the Distribution Office and all inventory movement for the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank operations, Main Campus and Stark County Campus. Specifically, execute and improve all operational processes and administrative activities connected to order distribution, strategic distributions, grant management, inventory receipts, inventory adjustments/changes, inventory transfers between warehouses, cycle counts and annual physical inventories, as well as all State, Federal and National reporting.
The Director will be responsible for managing the integrity and functionality of all inventory management systems, order systems/platforms, business processes, data analytics and statistical reporting for the Operations. This involves vendor relationship management, external relationship building and stewardship with Ohio Foodbanks and across the Feeding America Network, internal relationship building and collaboration with the Finance Leadership team and Operations Leadership team. Special emphasis on data integrity, business process adherence, development, and re-design to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the Foodbank's inventory controls.
The Director plays a vital role in safeguarding, upholding and championing the Foodbank's mission, vision and values to ensure a positive hunger-relief and employee experience. A high degree of integrity, leadership, and urgency in all related matters is essential to the overall success of the Foodbank's inventory controls and operations.
1. Oversee and support day-to-day Distribution Office business processes and the hunger-relief partner customer service experience in close collaboration with the Distribution Office Manager, Operations Leadership and Network Partner and Programs team.
2. Monitor and analyze daily inventory movements which includes receiving, adjustments, value changes, transformation, transfers and inventory turnover. Develop decision-support and escalation tools to strengthen inventory controls for both Main and Stark County Campus operations.
3. Collaboratively plan and manage the cycle count and annual physical inventory process. Serve as the key leader to investigate and resolve issues, as well as escalation of failures to execute work in compliance with organizational standards and operating procedures.
4. Provide supervision and guidance to the Distribution Office Manager on performance management, coaching, conflict resolution and partner relations. Cultivate an environment that embodies the Foodbank's mission, vision and values. Ensure a positive employee and hunger-relief partner experience.
5. Drive idea generation and maintain a continuous learning environment that supports inventory control and system cohesiveness.
6. Serve as the budget manager, liaison and main point of contact for the Foodbank's inventory management system and order system. Oversee all operational technology platforms, identify and drive initiatives to improve current processes, procedures and methodologies that enhance and strengthen operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
7. Partner with IT and vendors to implement system enabled process enhancements. Provide ongoing research and analysis of existing and future operational technology platforms.
8. Collect and analyze inventory data. Prepare reports and dashboards on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis (or as requested) to facilitate and recommend improvement initiatives. Oversee special projects and ad hoc analysis as requested by the Executive Leadership Team.
9. Promote and support the participation of staff in applying the principle/model of continuous improvement to improve existing processes and enhance the effective utilization of resources. Encourage the development of improved processes and expanded use of metrics via information technology.
10. Manage information delivery strategy and execution of effective metrics and tools to identify and track critical Inventory and Supply Chain performance measures that support business decisions, create best practice standards and drive best practice adoption across the Foodbank operations.
11. Work with the Operations Leadership Team and related cross functional teams on annual inventory demand planning and forecasting. Collaborate with respective leaders to develop and implement strategies that maximize the Foodbank's inventory turn rate and distribution efforts while mitigating Foodbank's disposals.
12. Develop and execute ongoing strategies to strengthen inventory controls and the overall hunger-relief partner experience.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field.
2. Experience: 10 years of experience in food industry, warehousing and logistics, supply chain or related field.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
4. Progressive experience in supply chain operations including logistics and general warehousing, distribution and fulfillment operations preferably in food storage and distribution (temp controlled); hands on
5. Passionate advocate for closing the meal gap.
6. Proficiency in understanding and working with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and tools.
7. Ability to analzye data and trends, make educated conclusions based on data and system transactions; map and statistically analzye processes and leverage results for operational efficiency and improvement.
8. Strong political acumen with thorough knowledge of the stakeholder landscape (eg, regulations, policies, practices, programs, and initiatives).
9. Demonstrated success in working with and involving senior leaders and executives in development efforts. Proven ability to initiate action and motivate others; ability to effectively relate to and communicate with people at all levels both inside and outside of the organization.
10. Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences.
11. Ability to discern financial documents and concisely communicate results.
12. Must be able to work independently and anticipate reporting and communication needs of the Executive Leadership Team.
13. Detail oriented, customer service focused, highly organized and results driven.
14. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment which requires strong project management and time management skills.
15. Understands strategic planning and aligns priorities with broader goals, measurable outcomes, evaluates alternatives, and can see connections within complex issues.
16. Available during off-hours for communications of all kinds.
17. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; WMS, order scheduling platforms (experience with Primarius and Appointment Plus, preferred).
18. Must be able to follow all American Institute of Baking, Feeding America, Food and Drug Administration, United States Department of Agriculture, Occupational Safety Hazard Administration, and Foodbank (standard operating procedures and employee handbook) safety regulations.
Come join an organization that makes a difference in the lives of others! The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is proud to be an eighth time recipient of the NorthCoast99 award, which showcases our Foodbank as one of the top 99 places to work in Northeast Ohio. We offer a warm and loving culture filled with opportunities to grow and develop your career, competitive benefits, and compensation, 9 paid Holidays and a generous paid time off program that begins on day one