As a Network Engineer
, you will be responsible for collaborating with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulling business objectives and processes. Click APPLY to be contacted about this position What You Will Be Doing :
Must Have :
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Designs and defines network architecture for new or existing computer systems
- Performs complex network development and design work.
- Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of network enhancements.
- Provides input for documentation on new or existing networks.
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure networks meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves network problems.
- Provides network/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines network specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- May provide guidance and leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Comprehensive knowledge of network engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to INDOPACOM AOR.
- Must possess a completed CCNA certification.
- Must meet DOD 8750 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges. Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.
- Knowledge and experience with routing and switching protocols (eg, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, Spanning Tree Protocol, ISAKMP, ESP, SIP, SCCP, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with current Cisco IOS software and hardware features.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot Multicast.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot DMVPN and GRE tunnels.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and multi-task while still ensuring high quality of work.
- Highly organized with strong ability to prioritize work and work autonomously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great attention to detail and presentation.
- Results driven, highly efficient, energetic, and highly motivated
- Must possess a high degree of intelligence, competence, maturity, adaptability, resilience, integrity, and initiative.
- The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
Preferred Qualifications but not required:
- Completed CCNP Routing and Switching or CCNP Enterprise.
- Knowledge and experience with VoIP/collaboration systems.
- Knowledge and experience with HAIPE-based encryption devices.
- Knowledge and experience with data center networking.
- Understanding of network virtualization.
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course.
- Understanding of VxRail Manager and best practices.
- VDI experience highly desired.
considers people our most important asset. Our goal is to attract, retain, and motivate exceptional individuals from every background who share our commitment to the customer, our passion for the mission, our delight for innovation, and our determination to achieve excellence in everything we do.
We offer phenomenal benefits to our employees, allowing them to focus on the mission, knowing that TekMasters is focused on them! Just some of the benefits we offer:
Click APPLY to be contacted about this position We
- Dollar for dollar 5% 401k match, with immediate vestment
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Three Medical Plans to choose from, including employer paid for the employee options.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option
- Paid for Short-term/Long-term Disability
- Paid for Group Life Insurance
- Employee recognition for anniversaries, birthdays, and customer kudos!
- Discounted gym memberships, Health Coaching, Free Basic Will Service, and more!
are a small, growth-oriented, federal contractor that delivers professional services in support of the Intelligence & Federal Community. Located outside of Washington D.C., we are a fast-paced group due to the customers' diversity, types of projects, environments, and roles we support. To learn more, please visit .
Reference #: 21-00715